To be fair, from what I was told, this hotel will be refurbished in the very near future. That said; I would not stay here again until it happens. Here are a few of the issues I had with the place:
1. No one was at the desk to check us in for 5-10 minutes, but there was someone playing on the computer behind the desk (not sure what his job is).
2. Water in coffee pot was luke-warm (would not disolve hot chocolate mix) which doesn't seem like a big deal unless your all the way up on the 5th floor like we were.
3. The elevator was slipping so when we reached the top floor it bounced up and down for about 15 seconds- not a pleasant experience. When I notified the person at the front desk he seemed almost disinterested. He made eye contact, but ignored me when another person approached the desk.
4. Vending machines would not accept bills.
5. The entire 5th floor smells like smoke...Big time!
6. The ironing board in the room was worthless.
Some of these items may seem trivial, but I expect more from Hampton Inn.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Raleigh - North Hotel
- Hampton Inn Raleigh - North Hotel Raleigh
- Hampton Inn Raleigh
- Hampton Inn Raleigh North
- Raleigh Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn Raleigh-Midtown. Where there is always a lot to do!! Stay at the Hampton Inn® hotel in Raleigh-Midtown, and you'll be in a town with a diverse lineup of activities. Love history? You'll find museums, historic homes, neighborhoods and historic districts dating back to Sir Walter Raleigh's time. Art fan? Check out the NC Museum of Natural Sciences or any one of our 20 museums. Do you prefer to watch sports? Professional and college teams such as NC State University keep balls of all sorts aloft here in North Carolina. There is always a sporting event or a great performance at the PNC Arena. It's all just a few minutes from our hotel in Raleigh. When you're ready for the perfect North Carolina afternoon; head to one of the state's gorgeous golf courses. We're known for our beautiful fairways and lush greens. Or if wine is more your thing, venture to the Piedmont Region, where you'll find some of the state's best-known vineyards. And, of course, Durham, Chapel Hill and the Research Triangle Park are nearby, too. So come check into the Hampton Inn hotel in Raleigh-Midtown, a city with a royal past and dynamic future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.