“Good Hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown

You added Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Wake Towne Drive, Raleigh, NC 27609 (Formerly Hampton Inn Raleigh - North)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Ottawa, Canada
“Good Hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn Raleigh for two nights in March. The room was clean and quite large. Bathroom was clean. The breakfast was quite basic with the usual muffins, toast etc. Front desk service was friendly and fast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great staff and breakfast, room quality is lacking. Rooms are old and need updating, need a serious cleaning. Our feet were black from the carpet!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel is located about 10 minutes from downtown Raleigh. It is next door to Marriott Courtyard. Across the street is a Trader Joes and a few sandwich shops. All in walking distance. About a 1/2 mile or so away under the highway is Bahama Breeze.

Pretty easy to get to and typical Hampton Inn. Staff was excellent. Room was clean. Breakfast area clean and a decent variety of breakfast items.

Nothing to write home about but definitely a decent stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
DOSHIRM2010, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Please stay with us again, when you visit Raleigh!
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed at this property for a weekend trip to Raleigh. Upon arrival on Friday, my car became disabled and I had to extend my stay for a few days. The staff worked with me to help secure the best rate, gave me great advice of what was nearby that I could walk to, and extended me a late checkout when the car was ready a day early. I can not say enough about how nice everyone was from front deck to housekeeping. The breakfast is very good with a lot of options, pool is clean and refreshing and the pool towels are the softest things I've ever felt. My room was clean, quiet and had a great HD/TV, free internet and morning paper. I would recommend this for families.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable and staff was friendly. One problem was the directions from the airport on the website - not correct!! I used to be a big Hampton Inn fan be cause of the excellent hot breakfasts. This hotel had a more continential style breakfast with cold breakfast sandwiches in a fridge - this is NOT a hot breakfast!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
DOSHIRM2010, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear TAM64,

We take great pride in offering our guests the best customer service in the area. We know that there are a lot of hotel choices in the Raleigh area and we are so glad you choose to stay with us.

I am sorry that the directions off of our web-site were inaccurate; I know how frustrating that can be. I will look into this and make any corrections I deem necessary.

The reason our breakfast is more of a Deluxe Continental breakfast buffet than a hot breakfast is b/c Wake County Health department enforces some really strict polies on restaurants and hotels.

We are going to be undergoing a complete renovation, over the next couple of months. Part of the renovation process will be expanding our current kitchen so we will be allowed to join the majority of other Hamptons and offer more extensive hot breakfast items.

At Hampton, our main goal is to make sure all of our guests are 100% satisfied. If you are not, please contact the hotel directly to let us know how we can improve.

Suzanne Villani
houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

When in Raleigh I generally stay at either the Hampton Inn or Courtyard both of which are on Wake Towne Drive in North Raleigh, a convenient but not a visible location. This past weekend it was the hampton's turn. This place has some time on it but is generally being kept up to Hampton's standards. I have two complaints that I think are really more chain mandated problems and not individual property problems. The current linen package at the last two Hampton Inns I have stayed at would have been fine in 1980 but are really passe today. The comforter is not incased in a sepaarate sheet and the overall quality and thread count of the linens is not up to the competition. The same crummy non workable water squeezing showerhead was in both facilities and once again, it is just not up to standards. Management personnel were great and noticeably much better than say three years agao at this same facility--so I think a change in mangement or ownership might have occurred and that was a good thing. Come on ownership, ignore the chain minimum standards and kick it up a notch.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a large group--they seem to do a great bit of group business--you might want to avoi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Clinton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My family and I stayed here for a wedding and it was great, Steve (front desk) was kind and helpful. My parents had a double and my husband and I had a king -- both rooms were large and clean with comfy beds, sizable bathrooms, and flat screen TVs. The front desk called us about 20 minutes after check-in make sure everything was okay in our rooms. They had an excellent breakfast buffet and the hotel was conveniently located near the wedding venue and many shops, restaurants, etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
DOSHIRM2010, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay while you were in Raleigh.

We take great pride in our hotel and the service we provide to our guests.

We are pleased to announce that we will be doing a complete renovation this year. Starting with our public space and then going into all of the guestrooms.

We invite you to stay with us again.

Been to Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown? Share your experiences!