My parents stayed at this hotel a year ago and were satisfied with it for the price that they had paid for it. So when we had a family get together this year, my mom & I decided to book it again for the one night we needed it for. This time around, it was a horrible experience. We checked in around 4 PM but never put our bags in the room as we had plans to be somewhere else. When we finally got into our room around 10 PM, we noticed that the bedding was very nice looking. We put our bags down and noticed that there were cigarette burns on the bedding and a roach crawling across the bedspread. I promptly killed it and went to the front desk to tell them we wanted our money back and wanted to check out.
The lady at the front desk told me that she can only refund us if we had checked in half an hour ago. In the meantime, my mom comes out of the room and tells me that there is a tree frog hopping across our room. She tried to shoo it out but it escaped under the air conditioner. The front desk clerk tells me the best she can do is put me in another room. She apologizes and says that the cleaning staff has to keep the door open while they clean but she assures me there will be no tree frogs in the next room (I noticed she didn't assure me there would be no cockroaches...). The new room is older and has more cigarette burns. The bathroom has no vent so it gets very foggy and muggy. Additionally, when taking a shower, you freeze waiting for the water to warm up, then you scald yourself waiting for it to cool back off.
On top of everything else, the other people staying at the hotel gave us the creeps.
Will NEVER stay here again. Lesson learned--always check over your hotel room upon checking in.
Check it over immediately after checking in for roaches and tree frogs.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.