“Very Good Accomodations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Raleigh

You added Super 8 Raleigh to your Saves list
Super 8 Raleigh
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5110 Holly Ridge Dr., Raleigh, NC 27612 (Formerly Econo Lodge West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #45 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh

Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Super 8 sometimes says it all....not very good.
But this was a super stay at a very clean and reasonable hotel.
Pet friendly and there wasn't a stupid charge for the pet.
Would stay here again with no problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My parents stayed at this hotel a year ago and were satisfied with it for the price that they had paid for it. So when we had a family get together this year, my mom & I decided to book it again for the one night we needed it for. This time around, it was a horrible experience. We checked in around 4 PM but never put our bags in the room as we had plans to be somewhere else. When we finally got into our room around 10 PM, we noticed that the bedding was very nice looking. We put our bags down and noticed that there were cigarette burns on the bedding and a roach crawling across the bedspread. I promptly killed it and went to the front desk to tell them we wanted our money back and wanted to check out.

The lady at the front desk told me that she can only refund us if we had checked in half an hour ago. In the meantime, my mom comes out of the room and tells me that there is a tree frog hopping across our room. She tried to shoo it out but it escaped under the air conditioner. The front desk clerk tells me the best she can do is put me in another room. She apologizes and says that the cleaning staff has to keep the door open while they clean but she assures me there will be no tree frogs in the next room (I noticed she didn't assure me there would be no cockroaches...). The new room is older and has more cigarette burns. The bathroom has no vent so it gets very foggy and muggy. Additionally, when taking a shower, you freeze waiting for the water to warm up, then you scald yourself waiting for it to cool back off.

On top of everything else, the other people staying at the hotel gave us the creeps.

Will NEVER stay here again. Lesson learned--always check over your hotel room upon checking in.

Room Tip: Check it over immediately after checking in for roaches and tree frogs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Goldsboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This motel served my purpose, it was clean, quiet and located right were I needed to be. Good breakfast items selection, coffee was great. Great friendly staff, very helpful. It was a very nice stay, no complains. Great value for the price I paid. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike11574
Havelock, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had seen reviews of this hotel giving it a 2 out of 5, and then others rating it 4.5 out of 5... it was the best deal, so I went with it - and I am SO glad I did! The hotel was clean and has loads of new amenities! The new management - whom I talked with! - spent a lot of time and money updating and fixing, and the result was fabulous! The rooms were bright and clean, the breakfast was good was quite a variety -and the coffee was awesome!!! I would stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends