“Bugs, Frogs, & Shady Clientele” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Raleigh

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Raleigh to your Saves list
Super 8 Raleigh
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5110 Holly Ridge Dr., Raleigh, NC 27612 (Formerly Econo Lodge West)   |
Ranked #39 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Bugs, Frogs, & Shady Clientele”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My parents stayed at this hotel a year ago and were satisfied with it for the price that they had paid for it. So when we had a family get together this year, my mom & I decided to book it again for the one night we needed it for. This time around, it was a horrible experience. We checked in around 4 PM but never put our bags in the room as we had plans to be somewhere else. When we finally got into our room around 10 PM, we noticed that the bedding was very nice looking. We put our bags down and noticed that there were cigarette burns on the bedding and a roach crawling across the bedspread. I promptly killed it and went to the front desk to tell them we wanted our money back and wanted to check out.

The lady at the front desk told me that she can only refund us if we had checked in half an hour ago. In the meantime, my mom comes out of the room and tells me that there is a tree frog hopping across our room. She tried to shoo it out but it escaped under the air conditioner. The front desk clerk tells me the best she can do is put me in another room. She apologizes and says that the cleaning staff has to keep the door open while they clean but she assures me there will be no tree frogs in the next room (I noticed she didn't assure me there would be no cockroaches...). The new room is older and has more cigarette burns. The bathroom has no vent so it gets very foggy and muggy. Additionally, when taking a shower, you freeze waiting for the water to warm up, then you scald yourself waiting for it to cool back off.

On top of everything else, the other people staying at the hotel gave us the creeps.

Will NEVER stay here again. Lesson learned--always check over your hotel room upon checking in.

Room Tip: Check it over immediately after checking in for roaches and tree frogs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Goldsboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This motel served my purpose, it was clean, quiet and located right were I needed to be. Good breakfast items selection, coffee was great. Great friendly staff, very helpful. It was a very nice stay, no complains. Great value for the price I paid. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Havelock, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had seen reviews of this hotel giving it a 2 out of 5, and then others rating it 4.5 out of 5... it was the best deal, so I went with it - and I am SO glad I did! The hotel was clean and has loads of new amenities! The new management - whom I talked with! - spent a lot of time and money updating and fixing, and the result was fabulous! The rooms were bright and clean, the breakfast was good was quite a variety -and the coffee was awesome!!! I would stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Roanoke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The quality of the motel was better than I expected for the price. A very nice stay. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Because of the business my husband and i own, renovating and restoring homes we sometimes find ourselves in need of temporary residence and we ALWAYS resort to this hotel for four main reasons. The first and most important reason are the Patels, the wonderful family that not only run this establishment like a 4 star hotel but since taking over this hotel the Patel family have transformed this place from the previous owners to an almost unrecongnizable version of the low quality hotel it was before. Its like the difference between night and day. One of our stays here lasted almost 6 months and there was no request left unattended. The second reason I love my stays here are the updated rooms with beautiful furnitiure and beds that sleep like clouds, with appliances and amemnaties i cant live without. Third and fourth reasons i would love to point out is the quality houskeeping service that is second to none and last but not least, the location, i have moved around Raleigh for almost 7 years and i consider this location to be in the middle or easily accessable to anything and everything i love about this city, i cant imagine spending money to stay anywhere else than this spot where i am always garaunteed a great deal. Thanks Super 8, you made a wonderful decision to let this family run this franchise!

Room Tip: This ENTIRE location is low key and never noisy!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Raleigh? Share your experiences!