“It was fine.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Raleigh - Beltline

You added Days Inn Raleigh - Beltline to your Saves list
Days Inn Raleigh - Beltline
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3201 Wake Forest Road, I-440 Beltline Exit 10, Raleigh, NC 27609   |
Ranked #47 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina
“It was fine.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

Stayed for four nights here. During my online reservation, I asked for a quiet room. I was placed in a room right by the highway! I periodically heard thumping stereos and loud motorcycles. Save yourself some aggravation, get a room in the back of the property and away from the beltline! Rooms were very quiet for room to room noise. The room was small but clean. The room had a comfortable bed with OK linens that seemed fairly new, although they used a top sheet for a bottom sheet. (I hate that). All rooms here have a small fridge with freezer and a microwave. Decent sized bathroom with a curved shower bar. I didn't like the bath towels though as they seemed extra small and extra scratchy. Property was very clean. Room was very clean. Denny's next door was very convenient. This hotel was right by the beltline and wake forest road. The belt-line takes you around the city and Wake Forest road takes you into downtown Raleigh within 15 minutes or so. Great location! Staff could have been friendlier though. They were competent, but not very enthusiastic 'bout it. If you want a fairly ceap place to sleep, you won't go wrong here.

• Liked — Smallish room, Green pool, Unfriendly staff.
  • Disliked — Free WiFi, Clean room, Comfy bed, Great Location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Clearwater, Fl.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

This is one of the cleanest places in Raleigh. Here the rooms were clean and the toilets were clean as well. The staff were constantly trying to make improvements. It does need a painter who knows his colors, I usually stay in a more expensive place simply because I like it clean and neat. This place meets that nee at a much reasonable price.

Stayed November 2007
OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2007

I normally would not write reviews, but enough is enough!! I tried to give the benefit of doubt, this was my 3rd stay this year as the price is okay and free long distance (read further below regarding their phone). Well first of all, due to time constraints and I had to get my 2 toddlers a real meal to eat after traveling for 6 hours (and arrived to the hotel around 6pm), I had not notice much about the bathroom at first. But did notice that there was only one trash can in the room (sitting on top of a nasty dirty safe) that once you put 2 medium size items in (okay, 2 pampers), the trash can could hold no more. Went to the office on my way out and reported this - but why did I waste my time. The clerk said we only have one trash can, here's a trash bag (which I requested 2) and that housekeeping was gone for the day. Geez!! Now later we get back to the room and notice that the tub looks dirty as all out, but after close view, the tub interior was chipping away and looked like a bad ring around the tub. I was too exhausted by this time. The next day I had events with family and really wanted to leave this dump, but since I had one more night, I decided to forego and decided never on my next visit will I stay here. Oh, did I forget to mention that the phone did not work, not even when you dialed the front desk. I am reading all sorts of bad reviews with some of Raleigh's hotels --- and maybe some are false, but I bet 80% are true for some. Are there any decent, affordable hotels in the Raleigh Wakefield area??? One thing I can say about the outside surrounding area of this particular Days Inn near Beltline 440, is they strive to keep the parking area clean and there's a Denny very close. Why not strive to keep the rooms clean as well??

• Liked — Close location to family
  • Disliked — Room service, dirty
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2007

The hotel was clean, the guy at the front desk was very kind and helpful, we had a fridge and microwave in our room and we were able to check for weather conditions and directions to our event online as there were two computers in the front lobby. Breakfast wasn't impressive - just breads - but there's a Denny's right across the parking lot.

• Liked — clean, internet access, friendly staff
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
heaven
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. Room is clean and surprisingly quiet eventhugh the motel is located right off the highway and on a busy street. Fridge and microwave in room. Breakfast offered coffee/tea/hot chocolate, hot/cold cereal, fruits and make your own waffle . Fee Internet access in lobby but not sure whether it is available in the room. What I like most is free local and long distance calls to anywhere in US and Canada! What a great value. The only caveat is the size of the room and lobby: room is a bit small, but the lobby which also is the breakfast area is very very small.

• Stayed April 2006
Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2006

I have stayed in a lot of Days Inns - I tour with several groups and usually avoid them unless I see a good review here on Tripadvisor. This hotel may have once been the place described by the previous reviewer, but it's not now. My room was totally clean, no odor at all, beds very comfortable. No complaints at all. They had a happy hour in the lobby for FREE. The front desk people were nice.

It is two floors with outside entrances and no elevators if that's a concern, but it was relatively quiet. There are at least a couple of good restaurants very close by, and a hospital across the street.

I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2004

This Red Roof has a pool, but if it's like the rest of the place, I would never get in it. Avoid the third building if you want any hope at all of sleeping, thats where they stick the teenagers on weekends for their all night parties. Front desk staff is surly and has the attitude of, You pay your money and you take your chances. If you want a decent nights sleep, stay in your car in a corner of the parking lot, because between the teenagers, prostitutes, married affairs, etc., you won't get any sleep in any of the rooms. Crossing this one off our list as well.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Days Inn Raleigh - Beltline? Share your experiences!