“GREAT HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sunrise, Florida
“GREAT HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

lf staying in Raleigh look no further than Courtyard. For the price we paid for I got more than expected. Clean rooms, great service, beautiful location. When I return to Raleigh i would definitely be staying here again. Did not stop by the Bistro but everything out of there smelled delicious.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel was in a great location. It was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had a refrigerator. It was one of the newer hotels so it had a modern feel to it. Since this was the first time for us to stay at this hotel, it was hard to find initially.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stay here for business almost always when I'm in Raleigh. It's clean, the staff is experienced, it's usually priced right, and it's in a great location next to the highway and great restaurants and a mall. I'll be back soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Look. The rooms in business hotels are pretty much tha same. The difference maker is service. Pure ans simple. It's about how they make you feel, how they respond to your resquests. This hotel, and I have to give kudos to Risha in the bistro, exceed expectations. They even had my favorite scotch.

Stayed July 2013
Germantown, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

On our way back from Florida, we made reservations here. We experienced much the same as in all Marriott properties....excellent customer service, very nice room accommodations, and a pleasant atmosphere. The hotel has plenty of room for a family of 5 in one room since there is a king sized bed and pull-out sofa....and plenty of room to spare. The bathrooms were extremely clean and felt like new. The rooms have fridges and a wet sink area.

The only suggestions we can make are to have an ice machine on EVERY floor (we had to go downstairs) AND to have a complimentary continental breakfast for travelers. The rates are a little higher than other chains (Red Roof, etc..) so they should be able to afford to provide a little something for breakfast....at no additional charge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor....that's where the ice machine is.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Raleigh, NC for two nights this past May. I was in town for a convention and, because I was hoping to spend more money at the convention, the hotel had to be in a reasonable price range. I booked ahead of time, and Marriott gave me a fabulous deal for it! The only drawback with this route is that you can't cancel and get your money back (so be absolutely sure before you book).
When I arrived at the hotel, check in was quick and simple. The staff was very friendly and assured me that I could contact them on a whim and they would be happy to assist. Sure enough, each time I had a question or needed help with something, they had a solution for me! I needed boiling water for tea, they had some at the cafe downstairs. I needed to know where the nearest Chinese takeout was, they had an address. The list goes on.
All in all, the service was great, the price was fair, and the facilities were comfortable. I was very happy with my visit. The only drawbacks for me were the nonrefundable booking ahead rate (makes for some uneasiness), the fact that the hotel was a bit farther from the convention center (downtown Raleigh) than I would have liked, and the lack of an in-room microwave. Even still, I'd certainly recommend this hotel to others! Honestly, you get more than you pay for.

Room Tip: Book ahead for a much cheaper rate!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights only, and it was a decent place to stay for such a short time. The room was nice and big. I enjoyed having a couch in the room, and the writing desk and chair were very comfortable. The king bed was very comfortable. My only complaints about the room: the tub wasn't cleaned properly (I found a worm in it), the black-out drapes were too short (the sun came into the room early in the morning), and the room could've been soundproofed better. One night I slept well, the next night, my neighbors woke me up in the middle of the night. Overall, this hotel is decent for short stays.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Raleigh Crabtree? Share your experiences!