“Average Hotel for Good Price...Great Location” 3 of 5 stars

Quality Inn North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2910 Capital Blvd., Raleigh, NC 27604   |
Ranked #58 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Portland, Maine
“Average Hotel for Good Price...Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed at this Quality Inn on Sept. 27, 2012. This is an older hotel with some outside room entrances as well as inside entrances. The internet had good connectivity and the rooms were dated but clean. Bed was very comfortable. The best thing about this hotel is its location when I'm in town as its right off I 440 on Capital Blvd and relatively close to NCSU and other nearby restaurants/stores and Crabtree Mall is about 3 miles away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
daysinnmgt, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn North, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to review our property.
We are pleased to know you were satisfied with all our property offered.
We are also happy to mention that our rooms are now upgraded with state of the art equipments.
You will really be pleased!!!!
Thank you again for the response and we hope to see you soon!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I called ahead en route to see if we could get a room and the woman who answered was very nice and gave us a good rate. We arrived just before dark and were a little leery about the parking area, it was either park right on the street or in a parking area along the side of the building and both had people milling around, sitting in cars, talking on phones and in one instance yelling at one another.
I went ahead and checked in, we have never been to the area before and I had no idea where to start looking for an alternate place and the hotel can't really be expected to make people outside behave. We were put on the 4th floor, which involved several trips back and forth because we did not want to leave anything in the van overnight.
My husband and I used the exercise room, which has a stepper that never did turn on, a bike, a treadmill and a weight bench. There were no towels and everything felt sticky, like it really needed to be gone over with some cleaner.
The next morning, we had breakfast before heading out and the kids liked the waffle maker.
The room was clean, the beds were comfortable. Our AC unit made horrible noises that woke us all up each time it kicked on or off. Other than that, the hotel was very quiet. Our single issue was handled very quickly-there were only 2 towels in the bathroom and we needed more.
The internet was very fast and steady. The bedding and furniture looked new, the carpet was very clean. Overall, it was a good stay, I just wish the parking lot was not so scary. When I went to move the van from the front of the building very early the next morning to a level parking spot beside the building so we could load it more easily, I was barked at by a small dog and when I went to check on it, someone in a white truck called it over and shut the door and they both settled back in to sleep. I can only guess there are homeless people sleeping in the parking area and he had let his dog out to use the bathroom.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
daysinnmgt, Director of Sales at Quality Inn North, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the property.
We are pleased you stayed with us and enjoyed the comfortable beds, waffles, and fast internet.
You mentioned upon arrival there were people in the parking lots. At the time of your stay, we had a huge Wedding party that occupied most of the hotel. Families were coming and going stopping to talk before they went to their rooms. They were not causing a disruption just happily minding their business.
Next, you mentioned the condition of the exercise machines in the fitness room. There were many guests using all of the machines including the stepper with no problem before and after. If there were no more towels ( which was understandable considering the number of guests utilizing the fitness room) you were more than welcome to come to the front desk and get some, hence the sign in the fitness room indicating this.
Finally, you mentioned a homeless person sleeping in his car. Naturally this was cause for alarm, but after investigation we found your claim to be false. The person was a guest at the hotel and simply was waiting for someone to pick up his dog.
We do apologize and are glad you had a good stay inspite of everything !!!
We hope you will stay with us again and enjoy all we have to offer!!!!
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Quality Inn is located near I40 and convenient to shopping and a multitude of restaurants. The rooms are clean, with "real" furniture, microfridge, coffeemaker, and good linens, not worn or stained. The staff is pleasant and efficient, and we enjoyed the fitness room. We did not use it, but there is also a pool. There is a small breakfast with a variety of fresh choices, and the breakfast room is not overcrowded. And the price is certainly right - we stayed for three nights for what we have paid for a single night at places that are not any better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for a great review!!! We are happy to know you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. It is delightful to know you were pleased!!!
We strive for ALL guests to be satisfied in a clean and comfortable place.
The solution is to offer quality high speed internet, quality rooms, quality food, and quality location all at a rate that is of economical quality.
Thank you again for your review and we hope you will patron the property soon!!!!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Stayed for one night on a business trip. The location was pretty good, only a 20 minute drive to get to downtown. The rooms are dated and the hallways and carpets are a little worn but the room was still comfortable and quite and the bed slept well. I did not use the chair in the room, it was very worn. The bathroom was clean and I had good service from the front desk at check in and check out.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
daysinnmgt, Director of Sales at Quality Inn North, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! We truly appreciate the feedback that our guests provide as we strive to exceed guests expectations.

We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the Quality Inn North Raleigh. We pride ourselves in our customer service and providing clean and comfortable rooms to our guests. We are in the process of renovating our rooms, including updating the furniture, to improve guest satisfaction.

Once again, we appreciate your comments and we hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Quality Inn Management
WIlson NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

This hotel has more than one building, and I assume they do not use the building in the very back. I would be scared to stay in it. The front building we stayed it had interior doors, but some didn't. the parking was scary in itself bc other than the handful of spaces on the Capital Blvd side, you park behind the building. It's dark and deserted back there. I would NOT park back there no matter what.... the front staff guy was so nice, but he was also the maintenance man...poor guy. We had to wait 10 minutes in the lobby to be able to check in bc he was fixing a door on the 2nd floor. The hotel is VERY dated and worn. The first thing I do is check for bedbugs, and we were in the clear, but I was still hesitant about staying.... there were shady characters staying in teh back of the front building. The room had OLD furniture that appeared dirty, the AC/heater was falling apart, the water pressure was AWFUL, but on the bright side, the bed was comfortable though the pillows need replacing. I could not believe this was a CHOICE hotels, and now makes me doubt what that means exactly. If you are looking to stay for cheap, close to Capital, this is the place, however, if you want safe and comfortable, it's not. Also, they rooms have your cups/coffee maker/ice bucket in the bathroom, near the toilet, HOW GROSS. The cups are not even wrapped. I have many pics, but you can't tell much...the walls were dirty, needing repair, shower was dingy, toilet runs, my new Nike socks were ruined after walking on the carpet during the stay......

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor, very end room, and were told this was the best they had when I asked abo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
daysinnmgt, Director of Sales at Quality Inn North, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. While we are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant stay, we do appreciate your feedback.

While the vast majority of our rooms have interior entrances, we do have several rooms on the first floor that have exterior entrances in addition to an interior entrance. You may be surprised to learn that these rooms are usually the first to book, as many guests, particularly the elderly and our construction crews, like the flexibility and convenience of both entrances. We believe that we have ample parking in both the front and side lots of the building and we will make sure that we have our Maintenance manager check the lights in the parking lot to ensure that the area is well lit. I would like to assure you that we have had no incidences in our parking lots and that the building is perfectly safe. To further ensure our guests' safety, we also have security cameras around the building, and we are happy to say, that there has not been any activity out of the ordinary.

We apologize for your wait at the front desk. While our Front Desk staff is not also responsible for maintenance, they are trained and take pride in assisting guests who are staying at our property. We are so pleased that you did have a pleasant experience with our staff, during your stay.

All of the furniture and room configurations are done according to Choice standards and regulations. We appreciate your bringing that particular chair to our attention as we are in the process of replacing the older chairs. We are happy to hear that you found the beds to be comfortable and we will make sure that the water pressure is working properly on the fourth floor. Our Front Desk would have been more than happy to change your room for you if you found the AC and water pressure to be an issue.

Once again, we would like to thank you for your review. We strive to provide our guests with the best service and accommodations at the most affordable price. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, but we hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your business.

Best regards,
Quality Inn Management
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This hotel is proof that you can offer great service in a clean, modern and convenient location all at a great value. The staff was friendly and welcoming throughout our visit. Our room was clean, modern and well-maintained

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
qualityinnnorth, General Manager at Quality Inn North, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank you for staying with us!!! We are greatly pleased your stay was pleasant. We will continue to provide great service for everyone!!!! We hope to have you frequent us again in the near future.
Granite Falls, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Has got to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff was alright but that is about the only thing that I don't have a complaint about. I stayed for five days on the second floor which has "no smoking" signs on every door, but the place had a heavy smoke smell as soon as I got off the elevator. Heavy smell of smoke in the room. This was attempted to be masked by some sickening deodorant. Wanted to leave but the room was booked by my companies credit card before I arrived, was stuck. The exercise room had only one operational piece of equipment, which was a treadmill but if you raised the incline you could not lower it again. I had a "suite" which did have two separate rooms, which looked like something out of the sixties, plastic furniture, dirty carpets and my sheets also had a couple
cigarette burns on them. People staying here should definitely ask for a room not facing Capitol Blvd. as emergency vehicle sirens will keep you up ALL night. This area has gone down hill since the last time I stayed in Raleigh. First two nights police vehicles were present a couple of times. They were parked, with officers out. Full continental breakfast was stale bagels, frozen sausage biscuits that you heat up in the microwave and pastries. The orange juice was alright. Oh yeah, and a waffle maker. The best part of my stay was Friday when I got to leave. The staff was friendly, no quarrels with them as its not their fault. Stay at the Hilton or on that side of town. All the people that I was attending class with stayed there or on that side of town and were all pleased with their lodging.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
qualityinnnorth, General Manager at Quality Inn North, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
We apologize that your stay was not satisfactory and was displeased with the smoking room, breakfast, and location of the hotel. Quality Inn is located in a convenient area adjacent to shopping malls, movie theatres, restaurants,etc. At Quality Inn we accommodate non-smokers as well as smokers. We provide a specific floor for the smokers- had you requested this move to a non smokers floor, you would have been greatly satisfied. Our breakfast has been loved and appreciated by countless guests. We always offer a healthy and well balanced meal to start the day.

Been to Quality Inn North? Share your experiences!