“Never again!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh

You added Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3921 Arrow Drive, I-440 at Exit #7, Raleigh, NC 27612 (Formerly Windsor Inn Raleigh)   |
Ranked #32 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
“Never again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I ask myself who reviews these places? What standards do they have? I entered this place and was reminded of a cheap motel in a third world country. It smelt dingy, the breakfast area was uninviting and loveless and breakfast was non- existent. I found 3 pieces of old sliced bread and some Danish pastries, 3 little marmalade individual packages, no margerine and Cheerios that looked like they had been there since last Christmas. Watery coffee in plastic cups and that was it. They certainly know how to save every cent! $64 per night was a rip off for that.

• Stayed November 2013
ABVICrabtree, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

We kindly appreciate you taking the time out to review our hotel. I apologize if the breakfast was not up to your standard. As being an economy hotel we only offer standard continental breakfast.

We are not 3 star or 4 star hotel and we certainly do not try to sell ourselves as upscale hotel. We keep our amenities basic to add value who are looking for clean rooms and value price point. Most of the hotels in the area are significantly more expensive than we are.

Our hotel guests include businessmen, construction workers, parents visiting kids in college and tourists from out of country who seeks value and clean rooms.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel provides a tremendous value and has a fantastic location. I recently moved to the Raleigh area. Due to a lag between the time I sold my home and the time that construction of my new house was completed, I had to select a hotel that was convenient, secure, and clean for me and my family to call home for several weeks. We researched area hotels on Trip Advisor and decided to give this hotel a try. We were not disappointed. The reviews are accurate and the hotel was perfect for our situation. Located across the street from Crabtree Valley Mall and in close proximity to many parks as well as I-440, this hotel was in a perfect location. The rooms are spacious, clean, and have been updated. I strongly recommend checking out the Americas Best Value Inn at Crabtree when you are in Raleigh.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ABVICrabtree, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greatly appreciate your time to write a review.

As you stated, great value, clean rooms, great staff and location for the price you paid. We are blessed to be in proximity of all major attraction and easy access to I-440.

Not only is our location great, but we are blessed with great staff as well.

Looking forward to your next stay at our hotel
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Booked for 2 nights, liked it so ended up staying 4 nights. NW Raleigh, handy for area with good road links to downtown Raleigh, the Triangle area and NCSU. Reasonable room rates and a nice, well run hotel. Less expensive than those surrounding. Breakfast well stocked by girl on reception but ran out of stuff when guy ws on - that morning had to go to McDs which is closeby. Flatscreen tv, fridge, good sized room. Comfortable. Only downside was no lift, so if you have mobility issues, ask for ground floor.

Room Tip: No lift. We were on top floor but if you have mobility issues ask for room on same floor as receptio...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for feedback regarding your stay with us. It really lets us know that we have been doing our best to keep our guests happy and to know the value they find by staying with us.

Please visit us again so we can continue to provide you with best value.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The reviews are correct, this is the place to stay for a great value. Finally nice to get more for my money than I expected. Also the waffles in the complimentary continental breakfast was delicious!

I was upgraded to a room with a flat screen tv. My room was super clean, spacious, and very quiet. The staff was very accomodating and pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about our hotel. It really means a lot to us to know we have satisfied our guests.

I am glad you've found the value you were looking for by staying at our hotel and thank you for staying with us.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were attending a special event in Raleigh and we were really trying to keep the budget in check so this was perfect! It was very clean and in a good area and we just needed a place to sleep and change clothes. Our room had a fridge and microwave, which is always appreciated. The value for money was excellent. We both agreed that if we were staying for longer we would probably choose something a bit more upscale, but that we would stay here again for a quick overnight. The staff was very friendly, pleasant, and helpful. The breakfast was pretty much pastries, toast, ceral, and waffles, and really good coffee. Honestly, with the room rates being so reasonable, I was pleased that there was any breakfast. The parking lot is small and so are the parking spaces, but we did get a spot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Greatly appreciate your time to write a review for fellow travelers.

As you stated, great value and quality for the price you paid. We are also blessed with great staff that makes you feel welcomed. Your comment about breakfast is well taken. We will make an effort to improve.

Looking forward to your next stay at our hotel

Thanks..
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I actually stayed here for two separate weeks. The hotels around this area are on average $20-$50 more per night. It was clean, quiet, and had a flat screen on the wall. The bathrooms have been renovated so there's new sinks and new low flow toilets. If the rest of the room was as nice as the bathroom it would be a totally different place. It's older and it shows in some places but you can tell the management is trying to make it better.

It looks a little sketchy from the outside, but it's nicer than econolodge and days inn which are around the same price. The 'breakfast' is lackluster but McDonald's is literally right behind the hotel.

Hope that helps.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor, never heard any other guests.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all you stayed here twice, that itself states that you really like the place. We have many repeat/loyal guest like you. Also I can not appreciate enough your understanding of value and quality we provide for the price.

About the renovations, yes we have done very good job in bathroom and in process of upgrading rooms. Some room has flat screen TV and others we are working on it.

I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and friendly staff. Looking forward to your next stay at our hotel.

Thank You.
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

It's obvious this motel is run by someone who cares about service and pays attention to detail. When I learned the king room I had booked was on the second floor and explained that stairs were a problem due to an injury, the very professional desk clerk (Tecara) made the switch to a first floor room for me. She also arranged for early morning coffee upon my request, even though the regular weekend set-up time was 7 a.m. (The overnight clerk did not see the instructions, but scurried to accommodate as soon as he learned of the oversight.) To top it off, when I realized I had left my computer power module plugged into the wall after I checked out, I found the staff had already found it and turned it over to the manager, Mr. Patel, who arranged for it to be mailed back to me. Wow.
Everything in our room was clean and in good working order. Continental breakfast was free and adequate. Motel is walking distance to Crabtree Mall with a wide range of restaurant options. My only complaints are that the pillows were impossible to sleep on (for me) and that I prefer a coffeemaker in the room so I don't have to stagger out into the lobby the first thing in the morning. Other than that, the stay was everything you want out of a motel. Quite extraordinary!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
We sincerely thank you for your great review. We also thank you for business and appreciation you have given to our hotel and staff.

I am going to repeat your well stated statement here:
"It's obvious this motel is run by someone who cares about service and pays attention to detail"

That says it all for fellow travelers. We are continuously working towards improving our hospitality and make a great experience for travelers while they are away from home.

We welcome you to stay with us during your next visit to Raleigh.

Thank You.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh? Share your experiences!