“You won't brag about your stay here, but you won't get bed bugs either!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh

You added Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3921 Arrow Drive, I-440 at Exit #7, Raleigh, NC 27612 (Formerly Windsor Inn Raleigh)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #33 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Raleigh, NC
“You won't brag about your stay here, but you won't get bed bugs either!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I actually stayed here for two separate weeks. The hotels around this area are on average $20-$50 more per night. It was clean, quiet, and had a flat screen on the wall. The bathrooms have been renovated so there's new sinks and new low flow toilets. If the rest of the room was as nice as the bathroom it would be a totally different place. It's older and it shows in some places but you can tell the management is trying to make it better.

It looks a little sketchy from the outside, but it's nicer than econolodge and days inn which are around the same price. The 'breakfast' is lackluster but McDonald's is literally right behind the hotel.

Hope that helps.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor, never heard any other guests.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all you stayed here twice, that itself states that you really like the place. We have many repeat/loyal guest like you. Also I can not appreciate enough your understanding of value and quality we provide for the price.

About the renovations, yes we have done very good job in bathroom and in process of upgrading rooms. Some room has flat screen TV and others we are working on it.

I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and friendly staff. Looking forward to your next stay at our hotel.

Thank You.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

It's obvious this motel is run by someone who cares about service and pays attention to detail. When I learned the king room I had booked was on the second floor and explained that stairs were a problem due to an injury, the very professional desk clerk (Tecara) made the switch to a first floor room for me. She also arranged for early morning coffee upon my request, even though the regular weekend set-up time was 7 a.m. (The overnight clerk did not see the instructions, but scurried to accommodate as soon as he learned of the oversight.) To top it off, when I realized I had left my computer power module plugged into the wall after I checked out, I found the staff had already found it and turned it over to the manager, Mr. Patel, who arranged for it to be mailed back to me. Wow.
Everything in our room was clean and in good working order. Continental breakfast was free and adequate. Motel is walking distance to Crabtree Mall with a wide range of restaurant options. My only complaints are that the pillows were impossible to sleep on (for me) and that I prefer a coffeemaker in the room so I don't have to stagger out into the lobby the first thing in the morning. Other than that, the stay was everything you want out of a motel. Quite extraordinary!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
We sincerely thank you for your great review. We also thank you for business and appreciation you have given to our hotel and staff.

I am going to repeat your well stated statement here:
"It's obvious this motel is run by someone who cares about service and pays attention to detail"

That says it all for fellow travelers. We are continuously working towards improving our hospitality and make a great experience for travelers while they are away from home.

We welcome you to stay with us during your next visit to Raleigh.

Thank You.
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I visit a client in Raleigh several times a year, and each time I stay here. They have comfortable beds, and the room (especially the bathroom) is a good size. The staff is friendly - I was surprised the desk clerk remembered me on my second visit. It had been months since my last stay. Easy and convenient location. The breakfast is a bit basic, but for the price you just can't beat this value.

Only thing is don't get there too late in the evening - the parking lot fills up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ABVICrabtree, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Jennifer L,

Thank you for posting a traveler review with us. Our success depends on repeat guests such as you. We take great pride in our staff and facilities. We also strive to make each stay a memorable experience at affordable prices.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Clean, friendly, great location for local colleges, nice breakfast area, laundry and walking distance to Crabtree Mall..spoken by parents of a local college student. Great on the family budget! Family owned--and they carefully attend to all details!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Justregularfolks,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn for your lodging needs. I am glad that you had such a memorable experience with us.

Stow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

1. Basic Function: clean even in corners, equipment runs all well, fast Internet, NO Odor, NO chemical smell at all.
2. Afterwards, found out it's a family owned and operated hotel, who cares everything big or small, accomodating, personal, passionate, heart devoted. Owner was an chemical engineer for 25 years, a very smart and dedicated mid-aged young man, no matter why this hotel excels processing and maintaining so well.

I've been travelling over 10 years globablly for business and vocation, stayed with hotels from 3 stars to 5 stars, this hotel is the one I found the best value in.

Room Tip: Get a coupon off highway rest area, and call before you head for in case the rooms are sold out, thu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear PistachioZ,

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay. We do take great pride in our facilities. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you!

Port Huron, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Nicely appointed affordable hotel. Good size, clean, comfortable room and bed. You can't beat the price! Breakfast was was minimal, but comparable to other hotels at this price point. Hotel is within walking distance of restaurants and a large mall.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear jptown,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a traveler opinion with us. We take great pride in exceeding the expectations of our guests. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a great little motel that is clean and comfortable. The management and owners really made me feel at home, even inviting me for tea and snacks. It was great to see a family owned and run business take such good care of their guests. I could tell the hotel was recently renovated so that is always nice to see. The location was good, next to many shops and the highway for easy access to travel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear punwitme,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly service and nice rooms. Should you ever return to the area, we would love to have you as our guest again!

Americas Best Value Inn-Raleigh, NC

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh? Share your experiences!