“From a distance it is a 9, but up close it is a 3” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3921 Arrow Drive, I-440 at Exit #7, Raleigh, NC 27612 (Formerly Windsor Inn Raleigh)   |
Ranked #30 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
Charleston, South Carolina
“From a distance it is a 9, but up close it is a 3”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The pictures show the best, but not all of the hotel. From a distance it is a 9, but up close it is a 3. I booked this hotel and prepaid based on reviews here. I wish I had not.

The hotel is on a side street which is difficult to reach when traffic is heavy. Upon pulling into the parking lot, I saw first a group of very sketchy looking people hanging out by cars in the parking lot. Then I noticed the building looked dirty and old. I hoped I had not made a mistake booking here.

Check in was a bit confusing because the young lady checking me in was also having a conversation with the other person behind the counter. The lobby appeared nice and recently renovated. As I was waiting for the check in to be completed, I saw one of the sketchy guys from outside, walk up stairs. My concern doubled.

My room was recently renovated, but as I settled in, I noticed a lot of minor details had not been dealt with. Nothing major, just little things. I had a meeting to get to so I left and went to work.

Upon my return later that evening, more sketchy people in the parking lot. If I had been with my family, we would have checked out and called it a lesson learned. But it they were not with me, was late and I was tired.

The bed was reasonable and the room did have a flat screen TV. The linens were stained, but smelled clean.

In the morning I went downstairs for the free breakfast. There were no cups for the coffee and the counter was extremely dirty. The young lady working seemed content to flirt with the construction workers eating breakfast. I quickly checked out and went upon my way promising myself that I would not be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Guest - Greg4Surf,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. The customer feedback is one of the many way to improve our services. Your review is very valuable for us and fellow travelers.

I would like to address few pointers you mentioned in review.
1. Location - Agree with you, we are located near very busy intersection in walking distance to Crabtree Valley Mall. Some guest takes this positive and some take this negatively. We are also right next to Marriort/Laquinta/Fairfield and Marriort residence inn all are on same street. Also Hampton Inn is being built across us. The area keeps getting high end hotels and we are the only economy hotel on the street.
2. Building age - Agree with the age of the building. We are in process of improving curb appeal. Some work has been done on landscaping and rest will be done in first Q 2013. First we are focusing on interior of the property. We will keep investing in overall upkeep of the building.
3. Other Fellow guest in parking and in building - Due to construction across the street, few contractors are staying at our hotel. They are all nice guest and have not created any issues for other guests.
4. Breakfast area refill - Great comment, we will assure no items runs out and area stays clean.
5. Staff behavior - Accept my apology if any inconvenience or uneasiness caused by hotel staff. I have already addressed your observation.

Once again, thank you for taking time to write a review. Greatly appreciate an opportunity to serve you again in future. We are getting very good reviews for what we provideAnd on behalf of our staff accept my apology.

ABVI - Crabtree - Raleigh

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

The overall statement of this hotel was decent, I only found a couple things that made me weary.
The good:
Check in was fast and hassle free, the lobby was very warm feeling.
The first glance of the rooms were very cozy.
The view from the 3rd floor was beautiful.

The bad:
The location of the road to the hotel is in a horrible traffic spot.
When I arrived outside the hotel I noticed that it really needs a pressure wash job.
The parking lot could use a lot more lighting.
The area directly around the perimeter was constantly filled with very strange sketchy individuals. This was the most bothersome of all.
The rooms upon actually settling into the room was a below average. It seems as if the rooms were recently remodeled, but never quite finished. Froms paint missing on the walls to pieces of the ceiling on the floor, table, and bed.
The beds were your typical ordinary hotel beds.
The sheets were definitely bleached.
The pillow covers were originally white, definitely been stained.
The hallways were very noisey and very annoying.

For the overall, I'd stay here for the price. Pretty much it though. I am generally disappointed in this hotel, they are trying, just not hard enough. A hotel with this location and attractions has so much potential.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest - Peterbiltking75
Thank you for taking time to write a review. The customer feedback is invaluable.

The Good:
Lobby/Check in time/View from the room - Greatly appreciate your comment on how good you felt about all of above. Your valuable feedback was shared with all of my staff. Also this will be valuable for fellow travelers.

The Bad:
1. Location - Busy intersection 100 % agree
2. Building and parking lot light: Pressure washing will be addressed in a month. The lighting improvement is in progress. The back parking is well lit. Front lighting is on the plan as well. We will keep investing in overall upkeep of the building.
3. Other Fellow guest in parking and surrounding - Due to construction across the street, few contractors are staying at our hotel. They are all nice guest and have not created any issues for other guests.
4. Interior of the room: Agree some rooms needs minor touch ups on paint. We will address as a part of preventive maintenance.
5. Linens - This will be easy to address. We will sort our inventory and remove stained ones
6. Noisy Hallway - This is mainly due to some guest. We will make sure we monitor and address.

As you stated we are improving and will continue to improve.
Greatly appreciate your stay here and looking forward to serve you in future.

ABVI - Crabtree - Raleigh
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on 12/6/12 and again on 12/8/12. The rooms were nice with a mini-fridge and a microwave. The bed was very comfortable, although the pillows were small. The staff was very friendly. The same person greeted us both nights and remembered us the second night. We are looking to move to the area and he was kind enough to give us his opinion. This hotel service a typical continental breakfast. We did not use this either morning, but it was nice that it was available. The two downfalls were that this hotel did not have an elevator. All rooms are only 1 floor up, so this was a huge issue. Also, the room we stayed in the second night (#308) had a very noisy, clicky air conditioner. Otherwise, it was a good stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Guest Brandi C,
Appreciate your repeated business and time you took to write a review. Feedback from all of our guest is very important to us.

Elevator - Agree we have no elevator for king size beds. For Lobby floor we have two queen bed rooms. So many guest chooses to stay on lobby floor if they have too much luggage. AC Unit - This issue has been addressed by out maintenance department.

Once again thank you for your stay and looking forward to having you as our guest during next trip.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel has been remodeled and is undoubtedly the best buy for your money in Raleigh! Excellent customer service with a family owned business that is determined to succeed. We felt as though we were staying in a bed and breakfast because of how much they were concerned about making our stay the best. Beds are very comfortable and up to date bedding that is completely stripped and washed nightly (very important to me). Bathrooms are also updated and I love the dispensers in the shower area with soap and shampoo. No more little bars of soap anywhere, very green and handy. The carpets are clean and you won't worry about walking around barefooted. Breakfast is the typical continental but all that you need.
Would not consider staying anywhere else as we left there feeling like we made friends with the owner and his family. Our friends and family occupied five rooms and all were happy.

Room Tip: No elevator so you may want to only book a two queen room as all the kings are on the second floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Guest - Eileen B.
Thanks you so much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel. Yes, as you stated we are determined to succeed along with passion to serve and make our guest comfortable and do what we can within allowable limits.

Preventive Maintenance is how we keep our hotel clean. Continuous Improvement is part of daily act. Great comment about dispenser - Green behavior. The most important aspect of who we are is "very affordable hotel without sacrificing quality and service in great location" that is what our staff thrives for. We are also blessed with great staff we have.

We are looking forward to seeing you during your next stay. Once again thank you.

GM - ABVI Crabtree
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was impressed with modern room design - everything looks nice, furniture is comfortable.
Looks like a recent renovation
Fridge and microwave in each room - very useful
Clean bathroom, dispensers for soap ans shampoo - great idea for waste reduction.
Good breakfast - waffles and selection of bakery better than usual for this price
Nicely organized breakfast area
Friendly staff
Close to mall and restaurants
Good price

Will stay again if will be in this area

Room Tip: No elevator - if you have a lot of luggage or any problems with stairs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest - Analitik58
Greatly appreciate your time for sharing your experience with us and fellow travelers.

You said it all about good things at our hotel. Our responsibility is keep it up and do continuous improvement. It is not only the hotel but also the great staff that makes our guests stay comfortable feel welcomed.

You mentioned waste reduction, we follow this in our daily thought process with keeping quality and service in mind.

Lastly - Location granted it is very busy intersection with privilege of mall and restaurants.

GM - ABVI Crabtree, Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend enjoyed our stay. The room was affordable,clean,spacious and the hotel itself was within a very good attraction area of Raleigh. The staff itself were beyond kind,and welcoming working with us to help meet our personal needs to ensure we had a nice calm and relaxing stay.

• Stayed October 2012
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Hotelboy09,
Greatly appreciate your stay at our best valued hotel in the area with welcoming staff(as you defined).

We strive to meet our customer's need. I will pass the message to my employee the kind and praising words.

Please consider your future stay with us if you are in the area again. Thank you.
Portsmouth, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our check-in was a debacle -- but on OUR part!!! My daughter's debit card was denied, but yet the charge from the hotel was showing up on her bank account. The girl at the front desk here at the hotel was SO kind, friendly, patient, etc. I had to make phone calls to the bank, and it took me about 2 hours to get everything cleared up. The girl at the front desk was so helpful...calling her credit card machine people and everything trying to help me get things cleared up. We finally got the situation taken care of, and she let me charge 1 night at a time (we stayed 2 nights) I am so pleased with the way she handled me and my ridiculous bank situation. As far as the hotel and the rooms -- everything was perfect!! Clean, roomy, and quiet!! I would definitely stay here again -- I am actually here as I write this review :)) and recommend this hotel to anyone. Price is right, and I am quite impressed -- and I am VERY picky about hotels!!!!!

Room Tip: Third floor rooms seem to be good. That's where we stayed, and it was quiet and dark in the mor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest - KathyMoose
Appreciate the appreciation of our service. Our great staff will continue to do best with in their limits to help our guests.

I am glad with your statement that you will stay here again. We are continuously improving and increasing number of repeat guests constantly. That says it all about our staff and hotel.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in near future.

GM-ABVI - Crabtree/Raleigh

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh? Share your experiences!