The pictures show the best, but not all of the hotel. From a distance it is a 9, but up close it is a 3. I booked this hotel and prepaid based on reviews here. I wish I had not.
The hotel is on a side street which is difficult to reach when traffic is heavy. Upon pulling into the parking lot, I saw first a group of very sketchy looking people hanging out by cars in the parking lot. Then I noticed the building looked dirty and old. I hoped I had not made a mistake booking here.
Check in was a bit confusing because the young lady checking me in was also having a conversation with the other person behind the counter. The lobby appeared nice and recently renovated. As I was waiting for the check in to be completed, I saw one of the sketchy guys from outside, walk up stairs. My concern doubled.
My room was recently renovated, but as I settled in, I noticed a lot of minor details had not been dealt with. Nothing major, just little things. I had a meeting to get to so I left and went to work.
Upon my return later that evening, more sketchy people in the parking lot. If I had been with my family, we would have checked out and called it a lesson learned. But it they were not with me, was late and I was tired.
The bed was reasonable and the room did have a flat screen TV. The linens were stained, but smelled clean.
In the morning I went downstairs for the free breakfast. There were no cups for the coffee and the counter was extremely dirty. The young lady working seemed content to flirt with the construction workers eating breakfast. I quickly checked out and went upon my way promising myself that I would not be back.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh Hotel Raleigh
- Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree/Raleigh located just outside the Raleigh Beltline, only 5 miles from the center of the city and the capital city of North Carolina. Our 58 spacious newly renovated guest rooms provide guests with all of the comforts of home including free wireless high-speed Internet access, microwave, mini-fridge, cable TV with HBO, hairdryer, and free local calls. We also offer a free deluxe continental breakfast, modern business center, fitness room, and guest laundry facility. You can golf at the nearby Carolina Country Club, walk to an array of restaurants including McCormick and Schmick's Seafood, Brio Tuscan Grille, P.F.Chang's, or go shopping at the Crabtree Valley Mall. Our hotel is close to both North Carolina State University and Meredith College. Whether traveling on business at one of the government offices or Research Triangle Park, attending a convention, or just taking in the sights you are ensured a convenient, quiet, and comfortable stay. Our pet friendly hotel offers unbeatable service, an attentive 24-hour front desk staff, and competitive rates. At Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree/Raleigh, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.