“A certified pizza snob tries again, but fails” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #508 of 1,235 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Pizza
Moncure, North Carolina
“A certified pizza snob tries again, but fails”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I rated this average, taking into account I am in NC. But my NYC roots tell me it was clearly below average for my tastes. The crust was too soft and the flavor was very bland. Better than a chain like Domino's or Pizza Hut but nothing I'll be excited to return to. Service was good, the temperature of the pizza was hot enough, plusses in their favor..

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

new york
“We love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have been going to Stromboli's whenever we are in the area for the last 8 years. You really cannot go wrong with anything you order here from pizza to their pasta dishes. Service is great and the place is very clean. It might be a little hard to find since it is not really one one of the "main drags" but it's worth the drive and worth a visit!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
wilmington nc
“You must be kiddng or work here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012 via mobile

I live about 2 filthy from here. I keep giving them another try since they are so close and also deliver. simply pitiful. Not only is this not real italian food it is horrible and filthy. Only good thing is you can feel safe,
lots of cops go there late in evening.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
raleigh
“best Italian food around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

If you want to experience the best Italian food in/around Raleigh, Stromboli's has it! I always go to the Spring Forest Rd location b/c it's close to work. The staff is always friendly and I love watching the pizzas being made, the oven is right up front so you can see the whole process. Anything you order will be good, I've tried several things on the menu and I've never been disappointed. The staff takes wonderful care of us, I feel like family when we walk in.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Family Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

We go to this restaurant at least once a month, sometimes more. I may be under-estimating this since the last time we visited the girl new exactly what I was going to order and what my kids wanted. It is definitely our "go to" restaurant also. The food is always good and it's not very expensive to take the kids. It has a laid back atmosphere for the kids. They can watch the pizza being made or play with their own "pizza dough". They do have wine and beer available for the adults. It is also a good choice if you are going out with a large group of family or friends. The tables can be pushed together and it is not a very loud restaurant allowing you to have conversations with your dining companions.

• Visited June 2011