“Huge Burritos!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, Vegetarian
Raleigh, NC
“Huge Burritos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The burritos fill me up, and they make two meals for my wife. The atmosphere is what you'd expect for a restaurant near a university with cheap eats, nothing fancy, but colorful and with nice quirky art work. The food is good to very good, and the servers are friendly. I've eaten here on and off for years, and will continue to get the burritos.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Roanoke, Virginia
“Chipotle style food from a local independent restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Baja Burrito is your basic burrito and taco joint, similar to say a Chipotle. The food is simply prepared, plentiful, and delicious. I really appreciate that they offer spinach and mixed vegetables which makes for a superior veggie burrito. I pass through Raleigh periodically and it's always on my list of places to hit. I love local joints. My only beef is that they're a Pepsi establishment and I'm a Coca-cola girl.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Food When It's Hot....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

So I'm a big fan of the Baja largely because it sells massive burritos that can tide a grown man over for the better part of a week. I almost always get the Mole Chicken -- the seasonings are really good -- with no beans and extra cheese.

Add on the fact that their chips are fantastic and this restaurant is definitely worth a look.

Here's the thing, though: The food is only GREAT when it's HOT -- and that's not always guaranteed. I don't know if it's because they are trying to serve a ton of people or because they aren't paying enough attention to temperatures, but my visits here are hit-or-miss. About half the time, I walk away remarkably happy. About half the time, I walk away let down.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cary, North Carolina
“It's shameful to call this good mexican - steer clear of this place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I love mexican, tex-mex, and all foods southwestern. And I'm pregnant. Therefore, any semblance of even remotely good mexican food is enjoyed. I stopped in today to try this place for the first time. What a mistake. After waiting in a long line, the woman rushed my order (as she had with everyone else). I saw her correctly write it down: chicken verde on corn soft taco with pinto beans, pico de gallo TO GO. First, it comes out for eat in. The expediter quickly took the soggy taco and wrapped it in a second layer of tin foil and sent me on my way. I walked outside, hopped in my car and unwrapped it. The chicken (BLAND - no verde here) was topped with soggy chopped tomatoes (note: it wasn't pico de gallo people) and undrained pinto beans (no flavor). The tortilla (flour when I ordered corn) was SO WET it was inedible. Literally it torn apart and couldn't be eaten. Being pregnant and starved, I proceeded to use the corn chips as a "fork" with the chicken/bean/tomato mixture. Let me just say it was a good thing I was in a crowded parking lot -- on the off chance that I choked on the 1'' size piece of chicken bone I came across. The food was terrible and the experience embarrassing for this place. I'm convinced the location to campus is the only reason this place had any lunch business.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Willow Springs NC
“Better than Moe's and Qdoba's by far.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Quick, delicious, and satisfying. Those 3 words sum up my favorite burrito place in the triangle. The burritos are HUGE. I always get the chicken Mole supreme with guac and sour cream... drool... The prices are good for the amount of food you get. Try to get there before the mad lunch rush. It is right near NCSU after all.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere