“Grandson wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Cross street: Jones street
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Grandson wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

it was for the rehearsal dinner before the wedding. Food was excellent; it was a buffet and tables looked great and everyone there really enjoyed it.

Visited June 2014

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Bad move”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We used to be regular visitors in this pub at its old location. It was nice, library, outside sitting, dance floor. Now they moved to a place that looks like a halway, no irish pub atmosphere, incredibly noisy and dirty! Never going back.

Durham, North Carolina
“Not to my liking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife got an Irish Whiskey on the rocks, and it came out timely... in nothing but a plastic 8 oz cup... and cost $7.50! I ordered the Fish -n- Chips, my wife went with the Shepards Pie and we got the Bangers and Mash to take home
My fish was more burnt breading than fish, and forget about cocktail sauce.
The fries were Stale, undercooked... definitely fresh out of the freezer. All this for like $12?!My wife's Sheppards pie was more mashed potatoes than meat and the mashed potatoes tasted watery and no salt, pepper, butter, nothing!. I am certain the mashed potatoes were fresh because it had a chunk of undercooked potato in it. GROSS. This ran I think $13. Then there was the bangers & mash. Mashed potatoes must have come from the same batch.... gross.. The bangers, what a joke. Little more than cocktail weenies.
Obviously this is a pub and they do not concentrate a lot on food. They seem to want to focus more on frozen food fastly made than actually good food reasonably priced.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Menu Change Forced Us To Dine Elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We used to enjoy stopping in for dinner. Last week we brought another couple with us from out of town.We especially brought them in for the character of the building.
We were disappointed to find the menu had changed and a couple of our favorites were missing. We ended up just ordering an appetizer and a glass of wine each. We paid the check and went to The Oxford on Fayetteville St. for dinner.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I really wanted to enjoy my time here, but I didn't. I have been to many Irish pubs in world class cities in my travels and I was so looking forward to enjoying the atmosphere and menu selection. I have to say that the food was delicious and the cook does an excellent job. He or she is the only one doing a great job. I would go back for the food, if I could get take-out and didn't have to stay. The waitress completely forgot about our ice cream and by the time she brought it to us it was melted. I think the worst part of my experience is that after eating dinner, ordering a couple drinks, I asked our waitress if we could walk and explore the restaurant and come back to our table (5 minutes, tops). She said "of course" and there didn't seem to be a problem at all. Well, we came back to our table and THERE WERE OTHER PEOPLE SITTING THERE and they gave it away to other customers. They threw out the rest of our meals (which I intended on taking home for leftovers), drinks and put our belongings in the front of the restaurant. I talked to the front staff and they couldn't offer any solutions or give me any direct answers from the waitress as to what happened. It just seemed like a regular thing that they do in giving people's tables away....so note to self, DO NOT go to the restroom because they may give your table away when you blink you eye. The only supposed 'solution' they did offer is that we could get another table, and reorder and pay for everything again. Really? That doesn't seem right and wasn't fair to the customers. This restaurant holds nostalgic value for me because my husband and I went her on one of our first dates, but even so...I will never return again. Not worth it. It's a shame because I know that they have good entertainment. However, there are a million other restaurants and bars in Raleigh, so please trust me when I say go elsewhere.

• Visited June 2013