“Oh what a night....” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tasca Brava 607 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #297 of 1,264 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Tasca Brava has been described as "the little gem" and was placed on the list for the Top Ten Restaurants in the Triangle by the local press. This is because Tasca Brava is a careful blend of everything that is good about Spanish style, cuisine and hospitality, that go together to create a unique authentic relaxed atmosphere, where the visitor chooses to eat or drink as the mood takes them.. Tasca Brava is above all about Tapas, those small individual portions that offer a very flexible and sociable way of dining and most people dine when they visit Tasca Brava. You can eat as much or as little as you like at any time of day, allowing people to suit their own appetites.
Smithfield, North Carolina
“Oh what a night....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

A friend, who has eaten here on several occasions, recommended Tasca Brava for dinner. We were surprising a friend for his 50th and had a group of 15. I must say, I was a little nervous with the mixed reviews here on Trip Advisor. I would describe as a loving and grandmotherly cross between Gordon Ramsay and the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. Now that I have had the pleasure of dining there, I can see how all of them are true to some degree... both good and bad.

Personally I feel that probably the bad experiences are due to something typical restauranteurs are not used too. Sadly, we have been programmed to sit down, order, eat and leave.... all within 30 mins. If you're planning on getting there sitting down quick service getting out in an hours time don't even think about showing up. But if you want to dine at a place where the whole evening is an adventurous event... then this is the place for you.

This would probably be the most authentic European restaurant I've ever been too....I personally loved every minute of it. To be honest, I couldn't tell you what exactly we ordered or ate... but all of it was out of this world. Of course there were things I liked better than others, but overall it was different. Juan (The owner, chef, waiter and busboy) made sure that every tapas, appetizer, evening specials and menu regulars were described and explained beyond ad nauseum. Yes, it was all over the top, but we took it as being part of the experience... or "show". Of course every thing he cooked was made from scratch and of course... "the best in the world". Honestly, I could have cared less if the potatoes or anything he talked about was shipped over from Spain, purchased from Food Lion or dug up in the back yard, but Juan "spun" each dish better than a slick Jones Street Politician. The sangria was incredible and we look forward to going back soon.

• Visited August 2013

“Insane experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Terrible service and owner is a thief! He will push you to order items that are not what you want. In the end he charged us an outrageous amount of money for items that we didn't even order! When we questioned the bill he threw a chair & yelled at us for questioning him. He is insane and I can't believe that we experienced this awfulness! I will never go here again and I am warning anyone who does! Please do not eat here unless you want to be entertained by a bipolar owner.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Perfecto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and i just had dinner there while on a business trip. The place is charming and the food is awesome. The owner, Juan, was great, and had awesome recommendations. Must try.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed this meal a great deal. What a wonderful find on our visit to Raleigh! The food is high quality and expertly prepared, the environment charming. The chef/owner is very attentive and quite interesting in his colorful descriptions of his dishes. Save room for dessert and coffee!

Savannah, Georgia
“Amazing Tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This intimate restaurant has great ambiance and even better food. We tried two Spanish whites and eight tapas! Incredible!

• Visited June 2013