“Service and food is world class.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
St Jacques French Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,236 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Spring Forest
Wake Forest, NC
“Service and food is world class.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I had the Halibut, my wife had the Sea Bass. Perfectly cooked just melted in our mouths. Their home made bread and the cheeses are fresh and tasty. The attention they give to service is absolutely over the top. This place should be on everybody's bucket list.

• Visited August 2014

San Diego, California
“Transported from Raleigh to France for dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This place is located in a strip mall in Raleigh. Once you step inside, you are transported. The fine linen and tasteful yet simple decor remind one of something you would see in provincial France. I had a Dubonnet Royal which I had never had in my 49 years. It was a sweet/sour drink that was very good. The house salad was great (see picture), I had the chicken which was done to perfection. They bring you a chef special at the begining (cheese mousse) and a apertif between courses. The desert was the apple millefeuille, which is hard to describe but really good. I would recommend this place for a special occasion and if you are in the area and want a special meal. It is well worth the cost and the time.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cary, North Carolina
“Run, Don't Walk to St. Jacques”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you are looking for French food in Raleigh or close, don't miss St. Jacques. Lil ( the owner) and staff will speak in English or French, describe the food, select a wine and provide you a gastronomic event that you won't soon forget. Whether it is a recipe from his home region in France or dishes developed locally, the food from starters to desserts are unsurpassed!

Don't be surprised by the strip mall location, inside is cozy and the service is OUTSTANDING! Correct color napkins on your lap, attentive servers and Lil constantly looking at every table for the opportunity to serve you better. The menu changes with season so prepare multiple trips to enjoy all that is available.

Visit, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best food to ever hit my mouth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I am from out-of-town and found this place on trip advisor so I decided to go.

I found the location rather odd in a strip mall. However, when I walked inside it was as if I was in a different world. They did a great job with the window coverings!

The service was fantastic. Since I had dark pants on I was given a dark napkin other people that had light colors on were given a white napkin. That was a great touch.

I had the beet Napoleon which was amazing. The flavor of the goat cheese cream layered in the beets was out of this world!

For my main course I had the Scallops and Palm. I love scallops and have them frequently when on a restaurants menu. The scallops at this place were the best that I have had. I don't think it was necessarily the scallop by itself but the combination of flavors on the plate that made it so good. I savored every bite.

Again the service was incredible too. Their was a male and a female that worked in unison attending to all the tables. They served a blue cheese sample of something, homemade bread throughout the meal, and sorbet. They cleared the crumbs after the meal. Waters were always full. They were both amazing. Kudos to this place for both the service and the food!! I can't wait to go again.

Cary, North Carolina
“Great for special occasions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This must be on your short list for special occasions in the Raleigh area. The service is especially attentive, the atmosphere is right for intimate conversation, and the food (taste and presentation) is perfect.
Our anniversary was mid week. We had evening reservations. They have two maybe more dining rooms, the room we were in had mostly two-tops. Everyone seemed to be there for a special occasion. We also noticed two businessmen having a quiet dinner. The other dining room may handle larger groups.
While each course is not over priced, we wanted to taste everything and kept ordering additional courses. Total price can be quite high, but if you select fewer items, you will enjoy a great meal at a more reasonable price.
Don’t let the location throw you off. It’s a store front in a strip shopping center.

• Visited July 2014