“My Go To pizza place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #565 of 1,235 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian
“My Go To pizza place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I have been going to Bella Italia since they opened their first store in Wake Forest. When they opened their second store on Durant, I was pleased that the same level of service and food was offered here as well.
I take my family here when they come in from out of town, and also my fiancé (who's from the UK). He loves this restaurant and the pizza.
The service is always friendly, fun, and attentive. The sauce and cheese on the pizza taste just like what I would get up north. Although the 'extra cheese' a few years ago was a lot more than the 'extra cheese' of today, I still crave this pizza and think it of the best in the city.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Dr. Pepper, the hightlight of the meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Second try, disappointed. The server met our needs by refilling drinks and taking care of the plates when we were finished, although had very little to say at all. My boyfriend and I both started with the Italian Wedding soup. I was really in the mood for a little soup, but it was so satly I couldn't eat it. Even my boyfriend, who usually likes extra salt, wouldn't eat it. When we told the server about the soup, he asked if we wanted another bowl, never apologized for the problem. For the meal, we split the Italian sub. Disappointment again, as it was completely dry. The chef had left off the Italian dressing. The tomatos were mealy and the prosciutto was past its prime. There were also spider webs on the light fixture above the booth.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Restaurant Impossible needs to visit this place - SOON...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We should have known we were in trouble when the person at the desk asked if there were 4 for dinner... uh.... it was just my daughter and I. Server had zero personality... but OK. Garlic cheese knots were obviously premade and covered in RAW garlic and plastic mozzarella was melted, sort of, on top. She had undercooked penne with a few thin stamp sized slices of chicken, canned teeny tiny shrimp, and spinach in a "pink" sauce and I had Chicken Marsala with overcooked broccoli, canned rubber mushrooms and undercooked penne. Oh my. NO flavor - except for the SWEET parmesan cheese. It was absolutely disgusting. You know that others must feel this way - since we were the only ones in there AND the server didn't even ask if we needed a box. Ewwww. Horrible - and overpriced. If you like even cheap Italian food, avoid this at all costs.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh
“Comfortable, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Bella Italia is a regular spot for my spouse and I, also our friends. We are rarely disappointed. It's casual, but professional. Service is always good. You don't get Prima Donna attitudes from the waiters and waitresses. The food is good, with the sauce tasting homemade, not that sweet yukky stuff. Am always pleased coming here.

I sometimes ask for large group reservations, and they are always most accommodating. We sit outside in the patio in nice weather. Their hours are good for CUSTOMERS, not for themselves. They're open late and the staff don't make you feel rushed out the door near closing time.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Sorry Pizza and WAY overpriced!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

First of all, I love Italian food. I judge all Italian restaurants by how good their lasagna is. Bella Italia had pretty good lasagna. So we ordered Pizza to go on a particularly nasty cold rainy night, one that we were having guests over, and felt sure it would be satisfactory since the sit down meals we had twice before were good. We could not have been more wrong or more dissatisfied. An extra large junk pizza was $28.00 for take out and I honestly could not tell the difference in taste between the cardboard box and the pizza itself. It was THE WORST we have ever had and to have guests over too made it embarrassing. Have not been back and don't intend to.

Visited January 2011