“Good drinks!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Crisfield, Maryland
“Good drinks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stopped in here a couple times for drinks prior to going out for dinner. Service was great in the bar area! Drinks seemed reasonably priced and a good selection. Beer is always cold and margarita's were good.

• Visited July 2014

raleigh, nc
“Food pretty good, service hit and miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

So after our first visit to Chuy's a couple months ago when the service was terrible (had to ask 4 times for silverware, not that crowded, etc). the general manager asked us to try again. We had a very friendly server, very attentive, but still managed to get both of our orders wrong..
Server made up for that as best they could, but since the food is really just very average Tex Mex, I doubt we will ever go back again. Too many good restaurants in Raleigh to go back for mediocre food and poor service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bailey, NC
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Very reasonably priced food. Not a romantic place but the food was good. Packed. Go early. They make their tortillas on site. You can watch them make them. Cool restaurant.

Texas
“Go hungry, leave stuffed and happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Waited all day to eat and, boy, was it worth it. Never met a Chuy's I didn't like and I was not disappointed at this new location in Raleigh. Oh, the chips and salsa. Also requested the jalapeno dipping sauce. Then went on to the Elvis Presley Memorial, but not without having the daily special cocktail, a peach margarita. Enjoy the over-the-top, old-style Mexican decor and what was great service. This restaurant has been a lifesaver for Texas expatriates living in Raleigh.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Goldsboro
“Awesome customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I hadn't been to Chuy's since we used to go to the original one when we lived in Austin in the 1980s. We loved it then and the food is still just as awesome over 25 years later. Our party of 3 had the Chuychanga and the fajitas for 2. Highly recommend either. The chips are great and the chile sauce for dipping them in was very good as well.

But the interesting part of dinner was when we were seated by the hostess and told our server would be out shortly. We were sitting outside and enjoying a gorgeous day. After about 10 minutes we thought it a bit odd we hadn't seen our waiter yet. But we weren't in a huge hurry and it was nice outside, so all was well, even if I didn't have a cold beer to sip yet. But we figured we'd ask the next server we saw. Then a server asked if we'd been helped yet - we said no and then she asked how long we'd been waiting. I said about 10 minutes and it was no big deal. The next thing I know the manager comes over and apologizes for the "wait" and offers a free appetizer. We politely decline, say it's no big deal, and order our meal. Well, they brought out a small appetizer anyway, so I figured that was nice and was the end of it. But at the end of the meal as the server cleared the table she said "you're all good". As she walked away I thought that was odd, but then it dawned on me she meant we didn't have to pay (probably a $55-60 meal including tax and tip). I called her back and said thanks, but no thanks, I wanted to pay for our meal as the food and service had been good and a little bit of inattention at the start didn't warrant a free meal. She said that was policy, but after I insisted we pay at least something, she went and got the manager who said she couldn't allow us to pay and would be happy if we paid them back by returning again some day (we will). So I tipped the server quite well, thanked them, and we left. I almost felt as if we had taken advantage of them, but they refused to bill us even after I asked them to do so. Who ever hears about such a thing these days? I thought customer service was a lost art (this almost goes to extremes, IMHO). Maybe because this is in the city and they are used to people rushing in and out they came up with that policy to keep things moving.

Regardless, Chuy's is a must if in Raleigh - great food and customer service on a level I've never seen before. Talk about stepping up to the plate and doing it right!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Chuy's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Chuy's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.