“Solid choice” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Solid choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

On a recent jaunt to Raleigh, we stumbled upon this quiet little pub near City Market. Being of Irish decent myself, I often find it difficult to pass up a chance to experience a nice Irish pub though I am often wary of places which call themselves that. In this case, I was pleased to find an air about the place which did remind me of the Emerald Isle.

The beer selection was limited, and I would have preferred to see more Irish options on the menu. However, they did have a fair selection of brew. The food menu had a decided Irish flair with ample portions and good flavor. The Ploughman's Platter was properly done and quite delicious!

The staff were great, and we would have no trouble recommending this pub to others.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Irmo, South Carolina
“Awesome food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

There was a slight wait both times we tried to eat here so it's a popular spot. Sunday brunch was delicious and only around $13, so pretty affordable. Location is nice, too!

Visited March 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Can't handle crowds”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were there for dinner and entertainment after their hosted run event . They had a great crowd due to the publicity for this event. Had great customer service from their waiters and servers but you could tell they were understaffed in the kitchen department. I ordered a turkey burger that was mushy and broke apart after the first bite. Fries was staled and cold.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Amazing!!! Food, Service, Atmosphere were all outstanding.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband had found this place online as a surprise since I was away on Valentine's Day. When we were reading the reviews they were mixed, so I said well let's go and try you never know. The place was PACKED, they were doing a fund raiser and had little kids doing a river dance competition. The hostess said it would be a little while, we asked to go the bar. The bartender was very friendly; we were served promptly and were actually seated right after we got our drinks. My husband got the tab and was amazed the bar tender remembered our name when he got the tab. Some reviews said it was expensive...it is cheaper than Applebees! We had 2 rounds of drinks, appetizer, both had soup, and our entree and was under $60! We had the nachos w/ pulled pork, it was on home made kettle chips and drizzled with pub cheese it was soooooo good, then we had beer and cheddar soup which was fabulous. My husband got the Sheppard’s Pie, it was $12 with stout onion gravy, it was tasty, and I ordered the Beef and Guinness Pasty for $14, we were blown away with how delicious that was! The original hostess came to check on us, as did the manager, and our server was very friendly and attentive. At the end of our meal I told our server how amazingly friendly everyone was and the food was so amazingly delicious. Well not even 5 minutes later the chef came out to thank us and spoke to us. I wish we lived closer so we could go more often. This place is all around 5 stars!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Our regular spot..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great Irish music, food, beer and dancing. We are here weekly and love the staff and the food and the live music...especially the live Irish music session on Sunday afternoons.

Visited January 2013