“another good dinner here” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Raleigh, NC
“another good dinner here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have eaten here for many years but had not been in about 5 years. I don't think anything has changed except the prices.
This time, we had a party of eight. Four ordered steaks and all were pleased. Two got prime ribs and rated them high. Even the smaller regular cut was large. One person got tuna and also rated it high. I had the salmon which was a very large piece, and cooked just right. My only complaint is that I asked for no seasoning and it had lots of seasoning. We all went to the salad bar. It is somewhat basic with some items from cans as mushrooms, smoked oysters and artichoke hearts. There were 7 kinds of dressing but none was labeled.
Our service was excellent but could have been a little less business like. But she was very attentive and professional.
The decor is still the dark paneling but it seems to fit the mood well.
The noise level was quiet even with some very soft background music. Why can't more restaurants do this?
It is a small place so I would suggest getting there early or prepare to wait. It is part of a strip mall so there is plenty of parking.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

67% Recommend
Cary, North Carolina
“A Favorite Place in Raleigh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We ate at the Peddler Steak House the evening of June 5th. We always try to get there when they open, so we can be assured of rare prime rib. We were not disappointed. The prime rib was cooked to perfection and very tasty. We don't care for the grilled bread slices, but we're not big dinner time bread eaters anyway. The wine list had very nice selections of all of the popular varieties. The salad bar was great as always and my husband chose the chocolate volcano cake for dessert (which I tasted) and it was excellent.

Our server was Ashley and she was very pleasant and attentive.

We have never had a bad meal or service at this Peddler and would recommend it highly.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Mouth Watering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I visted the Peddler , The food was mouth watering I had a 10 oz rideye, The peddler cut in right in front of me!! The steak was so juicey!! I have never had a steak that tasted that good, not even at Ruth Chris, The price was right!! & they have a very good salad bar!!, I must say I was rather impress!! This place has been around for decades, A very rare find, The service was pretty good too!! I will go back again!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Las Vegas NV
“Probably not worth a second trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had visited this same restaurant before and found it to be ok but this time I felt it was
lacking. I ordered the porterhouse with a baked potato. The potato was warm, not hot.
I don't care for their bread at all. It is two slices of a loaf bread that looks as though it
has been grilled. In any case I tried it the last time and this time I simply ignored it. I
don't understand why they bring a cup of sour cream to the table before you have ordered
anything.
The salad bar is pretty good. I just did not feel the steak had a lot of grilled flavor and
there was a lot of waste to it.
The dining room is straight out of the 70's, old wood paneling.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Great Old Raleigh Nostalgic Steak House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We try to limit our visits here for special occasions so we don't get tired of coming. Nothing fancy about this place, just friendly staff with dark and cozy old style steak house flair. The main hit is the FRESH well stocked salad bar. I hope they never get rid of the salad bar since it is my favorite and no other good restaurants maintain salad bars. Always have a nice slab of beef, good wines and speedy service. They do not take reservations but that just leaves a good exuse to sip on a cocktail in the cozy bar area. I hope they keep the decor and never renovate this place because it's nice to come back to and escape the chains! We will be back again next year for another birthday!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Peddler Steak House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Peddler Steak House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.