“Great panini” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #515 of 1,130 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "When my grandfather, Vincenzo Barress, founded our company, he had a very simple idea: to make the finest food possible-nothing less. There'd be no compromising of quality in the nature of efficiency; there'd be no short cuts; there'd be no ingredients that were 'almost as good'. And if it cost us more to produce food of this caliber, so be it. The world has changed since then. Restaurants have learned that people will accept less. So, they are content to offer less. But we have not changed."
Raleigh, NC
“Great panini”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

A friend of mine recommended that we try Vincent's. I am glad I did. The caprese panini was excellent and there was enough to take home. I will definitely be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Vincent's Left A Bad Taste In My Mouth”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Vincent's Leaves a Bad Taste in My Mouth.......

Vincent's.....you embarrassed your customers and shamelessly made them financially responsible for issues you have with ZSpotlight. You made a family of five pay full price for their meal even though they presented a ZSpotlight $50. certificate that was unexpired. You even returned to their table after refusing their ZSpotlight certificate and said, 'I know you're mad'. Well, what did you expect?. Not only did you force them to pay a $70. bill, you told them to contact ZSpotlight themselves. You greedily and unnecessarily took money from a family.

Here's what happened.... my husband and I had dinner at Vincent's on Jan. 12, 2012 and paid using a $50. ZSpotlight certificate. Vincent's accepted the certificate.

Eleven days later, on Jan 23, 2012 my daughter, husband and three children had dinner at Vincent's and also paid using a $50. certificate from ZSpotlight. The manager, Dominic, refused to accept it and made them pay their entire bill of approx. $70. Dominic claimed they weren't doing business with ZSpotlight any more.

According to Dominic, ZSpotlight was not supposed to issue certificates after November 2011, but if you look on ZSpotlight's website, they are still available.

This is just wrong. Shame on Vincent's for refusing to accept an unexpired certificate that was paid for through ZSpotlight.

Why is it the customer's fault if ZSpotlight and Vincent's have issues with each other? And why should the customer have to pay Vincent's $70. out of their pocket when they had an unexpired ZSpotlight certificate that had already been paid for?

I called Vincent's last night after my daughter and husband left. I spoke with Dominic and asked why Vincent's accepted my ZSpotlight certificate 11 days earlier, and refused to accept one now. Twice, Dominic said, 'I know your daughter was pissed off'. He went into a long story about an issue between Vincent's and ZSpotlight. Not only was Dominic's choice of language unprofessional, but Vincent's should have accepted their certificate before they left the restaurant. Any issue between a merchant and ZSpotlight is not the fault of the customer.

Dominic reluctantly offered to honor the ZSpotlight certificate on another occasion and 'lose the money' as he put it, and because I was the 'mother' calling. Vincent's needs to do the right thing and refund this family their $50. instead of telling them to drive 30 miles to come back in. Do you think they honestly want to come back? I'm appalled at Vincent's lack of ethics.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Clayton, Nc
“Didn't honor ZSpotlight certificate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Sorry to say we didn't have a great night at Vincent's. My family of 5 came by tonight to use our ZSpotlight X-Mas gift. Dominic denied us and we drove 30 miles from Clayton to pay $70 rather than $17. There was nothing posted in the restaurant stating they had discontinued a relationship with ZSpotlight. The entire encounter was uncomfortable and we're not interested in hearing about your issues with the ABC Board or ZSpotlight. Coupons are still being sold on ZSpotlight as of this writing. Family members ate at the same restaurant with the same coupon 11 days earlier and it was honored.
Whatever dispute that may occur between the merchant and ZSpotlight should not be the responsibility of the customer, who is a gift recipient. Shame on Vincent's for turning this into an unpleasant dining experience for me and my family
Like · · a few seconds ago ·

Visited January 2012
NC
“Perfect food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Love the pizza and garlic knots. The food is very nice and I enjoy the atmosphere.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Authentic Italian in family atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Vincent's is superb in every way. Generous portions of really good Italian food. They will make you whatever you want if you care to tweek the menu. Friendly, attentive staff. Try the warm Italian bread with butter! My favorite, eggplant lasagna and eggplant parmesan.OMG, the desserts are out of this world.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Vincent's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Vincent's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.