“Great local place for breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great local place for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Terrific breakfast. Also good for lunch. Serve down home food with great service.

87% Recommend
North Charleston, South Carolina
“If want breakfast in Raliegh, this is the place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Huge windows, lots of atmosphere, great customer service (except the bored young lady cashier), food was awesome. Loved the cooked apples, loved the sausage, all homemade, you could taste that it was. If it was'nt for the cashier we would have given it five stars).

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh
“excellent country breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

If you enjoy a good ol fashioned country breakfast like the farmer's market restaurant, then you have to try Big Ed's. Biscuits and gravy w/ country ham is a MUST. friendly staff in a cozy atmosphere downtown. Breakfast served anytime

Raleigh
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Went for a "holiday" breakfast party for work. I was actually trying to get out of going. SO glad I didn't. With over 80 people going I thought the service and food would be terrible but was sooooo surprised. They knew we were coming so they were ready but still surprised how well the staff handled 80 people all at one time! Wonderful servers!!!!!! even with all the chaos. My food was fabulous, Eggs, hashbrowns, toast and bacon everything was cooked perfect and didn't take half as long as I expected. I know that two people didn't like their spinach omelette but even they agreed everything else tasted great. Prices are a little high for breakfast food. My breakfast with a soda was over $10 & then tip. You should not have to spend $12 for breakfast but I ATE EVERYTHING on my plate so kinda worth it.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, NC
“Mmmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Great value, wonderful staff. Pancakes that are bigger than the plate. My only wish is that I didn't have to take off work to go for lunch, but that just makes it better when I get there. I once had a chicken breast so big that the lid on the to go box wouldn't close well because it was so big. I miss seeing Ed there, but the new owner is just as present in the restaurant. I love the endless sweet tea refills. Love it when they have banana pudding. I always leave moaning because I ate too much!

• Visited April 2011