“Birthday Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 1,236 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Raleigh is located in the vibrant midtown community of North Hills. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for two, an important business meeting, or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs and our Raleigh steakhouse provides guests with a warm, comfortable atmosphere of casual elegance.
Wilson, North Carolina
“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Had a great time for my bday dinner. The waiter was very friendly and professional. Food and drinks were great. Cant wait to go back again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went to Ruth Chris for my Birthday, It is resturant week, I had that stuff chicken breast, it was moutn watering, and I had a lemon drop! it was good as well, My table was decorated with rose petals , The Service was excellent, I was amde to feel right at home!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“good steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ruth's Chris always has good steaks although the one at North Hills was not as good as some others I have enjoyed. Their bread was ordinary toast and the mashed potatoes were neither here nor there.

New York City, New York
“Nice Ambience, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Food was great, dessert superb, drinks perfect. Great service. Nice ambience but pricey. Front desk could be more accomodating.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Menlo Park, California
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

There are Ruth Chris' everywhere, I know. Even with that fact, I have never been to one but I was invited and my friend picked the restaurant. We started with a glass of wine at the bar. The bartender was very good, allowing my friend to taste a few wines before selecting one, and suggesting ones that she preferred. When she brought out my $15/glass Pinot Noir, it tasted fine, but the temperature was very warm, like the bottle had been sitting atop the refrigerator exhaust. A high end restaurant with a temperature-controlled wine cellar should not serve red wine warm. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Now to the food. We were seated in one of the several rooms of this restaurant, and service was prompt and professional. I'm not normally one to order steak, but since I was at a steak house I decided on a petit filet. It was priced at $38. No sides, no salad, no nothing came with that approximately 6 oz filet. While it was cooked to my liking, I kept wondering how they could maintain a clientele, where it's $40 for a small piece of meat, and then you pay $8-10 for vegetables, potatoes or whatever. And we're in North Carolina, not Manhattan! The taste was very good, I admit, but nothing that blew my socks off.

The did have a nice wine list, and many of hte wines were priced well. We ordered a Silver Oak Napa Cabernet, which was around $110, which is a good price for that wine. The wine list said 2007 vintage, but they brought out a 2008. Again, most people wouldn't notice, but I did, and the 2008 vintage is not as good as 2007. We still took it, but that's another pet peeve of mine in wine. They should make sure the server mentions that it's not the same vintage as on the menu - especially when it's not an inexpensive wine.

The food was acceptable, not great, and for the price, I would rather go somewhere else. Almost anywhere else.

• Visited April 2013