“Excellent Holiday Party for 20!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capri Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #269 of 1,235 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Spring Forest Road
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent Holiday Party for 20!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I held our office holiday luncheon for 20 at Capri's. The food was wonderful, fresh homemade pastas, excellent grouper, among other items. Service was great. Will be going back again.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Authentic Italian Fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We went during the week so it was pretty quiet. Food was good and fresh. Well, except for the bread that is. It was definately not fresh. Our server was excellent. Would go back and plan to.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

We went to this restaurant to celebrate a friend's birthday. The waiter was bland; no personality. So was the food. The interior decor is nice, the music is nice, the older gentleman who checked on us now and then was nice, but overall it was not a good experience. I could have prepared the same food at home. When we dine out it is for good food, ambiance and good service. Sadly, two out of those three were missing. Maybe our waiter and chef were having an "off" night, but it was out first visit and we will not return.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh
“Hidden gem - get treated like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

This continues to be one of Raleigh's hidden gems, and if anything, only continues to get better. The food is outstanding, and it's a delight to be waited on by "the family" members who are quick to discern your tastes and make recommendations accordingly. And they're willing to tweak a dish to suit you. I often narrow choices to 1 - 3 and ask them to help me decide - and I'm never disappointed. The bread (unfortunately) is outstanding - too difficult to resist.

South Pole
“The Dino & Pino Show”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

We've been eating there since about 2004, but this is my first review.

Now open more than nine years, this tiny Italian star finally shines even brighter due to a long overdue building facelift. The Sutton Square shopping center (corner of Spring Forest and Falls of Neuse roads) has had the entire exterior refurbished, and Fresh Market now anchors the spot where Harris Teeter once was. The combination of more traffic and higher visibility (Capri was lost: stashed away in a gloomy corner), has led to the best summer in years for this North Raleigh favorite.

Part of the fun of Capri is the floor show, and by that I mean "The Pino & Dino Show". These two Italian transplants, friends for decades, twirl about the room, joking and charming all who will listen. Dino's two sons round out the cast of capable servers.

I typically can't wait to order the carpaccio: thin slices of raw premium beef atop a salad with huge shavings of parmesan, capers and walnuts. On this outing, however, the beef was sub-par and by the time I had finished, I had five small balls of un-chewable fat on my plate.

A special chicken breast stuffed with prosciutto, cheese, spinach and peppers was very good. But, the chicken cacciatore was even better: golf-ball sized pieces, each lightly breaded and sauteed in olive oil, served in a rich red-brown sauce of onions, mushrooms, peppers and sausage slices. It was the best I've ever had. I'm also very glad I ordered a side of rigatoni with Capri's dynamite vodka sauce (they should bottle that stuff!).

Tiramisu arrived without us even mentioning it, and a magnum of house wine stayed on our table the entire meal.

Total: $109 for two salads, two entrees, one side of pasta, one dessert and all the wine we could drink (tax and tip included). It's surprisingly more than we've spent in the past at Capri, and I'm afraid we didn't closely examine the bill before paying. Perhaps they charged us for the entire bottle?

Note: they serve only beer and wine and the setting is not luxurious.

Been to Capri Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Capri Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.