“A favorite” 5 of 5 stars

(919) 881-9778
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Monica Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,236 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Raleigh, NC
“A favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We eat here as often as we can...a short walk from the house. Great staff, great food, often crowded...seek the bar

Visited March 2014

Richmond, Virginia
“Gluten Free Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Party of 6 ate here and we chose it because of the great gluten free reviews, 3 in our party don't eat gluten. We were so pleased! Fresh focaccia for both those who do and don't eat gluten. Terrific, friendly service. Food was quite good! We all had meatless entrees as it was Lent, and the shrimp scampi, shrimp and grits, and spinach stuffed ravioli were all very good. Only wish we lived in Raleigh so we could eat here more often!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Worth the Trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were able to eat outside, during a cold spell - but heated (very comfortable)

The first course is the appetizer - bread with garlic and butter, AMAZING.....

The waitress suggested an entree for me that I would have never selected myself. It was a spicy mussel dish that made the noodles black with their ink, and garlic/wine sauce. I was a bit hesitant, but she assured me if I didn't like it, I could order something else. (I am a white sauce lover, but was looking for something new). I was NOT disappointed. The linguine was flavorful, and not fishy, and I ate it all. Again - I would not have tried this on my own - and I was so glad!

They have all the traditional Italian fare, with pizza/flatbreads. The wine list is exclusive -again I had the waitress recommend a wine, and it was fabulous.

The manager checked on us twice (they were really busy too) and we had a pleasant exchange.

Living in St. Louis and having the Hill to compare to, this was the closest I have gotten to really good Italian in North Carolina - many of the recipes are from their grandmother who is Italian.

I recommend reservations - and they take them seriously - in a professional, good way.

I will be back to try more entrees!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh
“Best Italian in Raleigh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Bella Monica is a cozy restaurant, where we are always greeted like family. The food is amazing, and there is something for every diet (gluten free, low-carb and more traditional Italian fare). I generally order the Chicken Balsamico, with grilled chicken, roasted tomatoes and spinach sauteed with garlic. Not too heavy and fresh and delicious flavor. My husband orders the meat lasagna, which is nothing short of phenomenal. Definitely try to make a reservation before you go and good for couples and families.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Prodigioso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Awesome restaurant, small, comfortable; friendly staff and cooks; delicious, marvelous, wonderful food. This is the best Italian dining in Raleigh. Will most certainly return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere