“Good food with a Snooty atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Glenwood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,236 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Eclectic, International
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oberlin Road
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good food with a Snooty atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I went to dinner here this past Friday. Overall, the service was not great - took forever to get water, rarely saw our server, and took even longer to get and pay for a check. The server seemed annoyed to be waiting on us - maybe it's because we're in our 20's and the normal crowd there seems to be 60+? I don't know. The seating was VERY tight, as in we could hear the conversations from each of the tables sitting beside us - I'm not a huge fan of this.

We ordered the lobster mac, which was very good. I had the NY Strip plate, which was very solid but nothing too special. The potato salad that accompanied was very tasty and unique! My wife had the seafood grits and LOVED it! It was delicious.

Overall, for two of the more highly priced entrees, and app, and a glass of wine our bill was around $75. Not bad, but there are other places in Raleigh I would prefer with far less 'stuffiness'.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wake Forest, North Carolina
“A second "good but not great"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I agree 100% with the review before mine. Food was tasty, but not extraordinary. Servers were attentive and timing was perfect (bringing refills, clearing table, attending to the bill). Atmosphere is OK but in this location you can't expect too much.

There are better places to spend $35 per person.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A little expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The food was good but not great. We have had two pleasant meals there although the cost seems a little more than the quality of the food would indicate.

Saint Johns, FL
“Outstanding place to dine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were in Raleigh for a wedding, and the bride suggested the Glenwood Grill for the night we arrived. There were 7 adults in the party.
Everyone thought their meals were outstanding. Selections included the Shrimp and Grits, Seafood and Grits, and Pink Pepper Lime Dusted Scallops. (Entrees were between $16 and $23.) All were done to perfection. I'm also a big fan of bread pudding, and the chocolate bread pudding was extraordinary. Words fail.
The wine list was good, with a nice Austrian Veltliner available at a tolerable price. Service was a bit short of 5 stars, which I attribute to the restaurant being so busy.
I recommend this restaurant without hesitation.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cary, North Carolina
“Love this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have had constantly good food at Glenwood grill for at least 25 years. Menu is always interesting, food is always well prepared, staff is always nice.

Visited April 2013