“Fantastic drinks in a comfortable atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fantastic drinks in a comfortable atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We recently went to Fox Liquor Bar to try some new drinks and were very pleased by the fun and conversational staff and the great quality of the drinks we had. The bartenders gave us their honest opinion about which drinks we would like, and seemed happy to answer all our questions. Next time I will ask them to make me something unique based on what I tell them I like!

• Visited March 2014

Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Delicious cocktails, fun atmosphere & great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We went in on a friends recommendation and we were bit disappointed! The staff was extremely friendly and personable! They even made my friend a delicious mocktail free of charge because she was driving. Each drink is handcrafted and they enjoy making new cocktails as well. All the drinks we had were delicious and we will definitely go back!

Florence, South Carolina
“High quality cocktails in a hip lounge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

It was a treat to meet an old college buddy at Fox. The outside is ultra non-descript, even a tad difficult to distinguish, like a speakeasy in the basement. Once inside though, you realize that this place is serving real deal, high class cocktails with a retro flair. My mojitos were absolutely outstanding. Aside from the large cocktail selection, there were also gourmet meat & cheese Items served with fresh bread. I was so impressed with one of the cheeses I tried that I've been trying to order it from France.

I look forward to a return visit to Fox Liquor Bar!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Love the atmosphere, but awful drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We tried a few different drinks: Penecillin, Marie Antoinette and another that was highly recommended on FourSquare. All were awful. We were expecting them to be expensive, but also expecting a really good drink. The atmosphere is great! I would come back with friends, order a club soda with lime or a specialty beer.

• Visited November 2013
Salem, Massachusetts
“Fantastic bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were blown away with the cocktail culture that is emerging in Raleigh. Fox Liquor Bar was as good a cocktail bar as I've been to in DC, Boston, and New York. They have put a lot of effort into creating an impressive atmosphere. The bar is well stocked in spirits as well as the gear and equipment that makes a good drink great. But all the liquor and jiggers in the world won't matter if you don't have skilled mixologists. Fox has a terrific staff, knowledgeable, friendly, and hard working. I was impressed and would happily go back the next chance I get.

• Visited September 2013