“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I LOVED THIS Hampton. It was a wonderful experience. We were in town for a wedding and this was such a LOVELY appointed Inn. I would like to congratulate the owners and managers for the friendliness, assistance, and accomodating ways of your staff and house keepers. No request was denied. I needed an early arrival becauase my plane arrived at 8:00 AM ...and there it was, all ready for me...this was greatly appreciated...and in reality, it cost you nothing, but the appreciation of me and my husband. The decorator must be commended as well...BEAUTIFUL...halls and rooms all blending with contemporary colors and Furnishings . Thank you for a great experience. I would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Miramar, FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Clean, clean, clean. Staff was always very courteous and helpful. The hot breakfast was a welcomed surprise, being that at other Hampton Inns it's usually just a cold, continental breakfast. They also had a Manager's reception on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, although I didn't partake, so can't comment. Note that others have said parking is free, but it is not. Costs $6 per night. Also, not a bad location at all. Plenty of eateries for all budget levels within walking distance.

Charlotte, NC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The hotel as well as its staff was perfect! I have stayed there many times and will continue to stay there any time I am in Raleigh. My only complaint is that the business center should have a higher quality printer with color capabilities.

Myrtle Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Great hotel! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Lots of great restaurants close by. Check out the Oakz Restaurant right across the street. Great food and drinks! I will come back for a personal trip very soon!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Dear Damina J,

Thank you very much for your lovely review! I am so happy to read that you had a wonderful experience with us! Our staff is always trying their best to make sure our guests feel as though we are their home away from home. We like for our guests to feel as though they are a member of our Hampton Family!
Just like you mentioned, one of the best qualities about our property is our location. We are located near many different local restaurants and entertainment venues. The Oakz is definitely a great restaurant, very unique wonderful food. I can't wait to share your comments with them!
Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope that we will get to see you again during your next visit!

South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I was really torn when writing this review. The things I liked about the Hampton Inn were really great, but the things I didn't like were rather disappointing. As with any review, just take my review under advisement :)

Pros:
1. a. Nice, modern hotel, with attractive décor. Amenities include an indoor pool, a work out room, and one of the best free breakfasts I've had at a hotel. Offerings included omelets, fresh fruit, various breads/rolls, fresh waffles, yogurt, hot oatmeal and more.The whole place was clean, but...
2.a. Parking is free, but...
3.a. Great location in the Glenwood South area. There are 2 stops nearby for the free R bus line that runs a loop continuously around the city. Within walking distance are several great shops, restaurants and bars, but...
4. Really friendly staff! Everyone we encountered from the housekeeping staff to the front desk staff were very nice and always had a genuine "good morning" for us. Southern hospitality at its finest!

Cons:
1.b. Either my expectations are off or their housekeeping schedule is. Our room had not been cleaned by 1:00 pm for 2 days in a row.
2.b. the parking garage was 2 buildings over. Not terrible, but when you are toting luggage or small children, it was inconvenient and there isn't a valet.
3.b. It was loud! On the East side of the building is a railroad track and a dumpster. On the West side of the building is a busy street and a few bars. After a night of the train and garbage truck we requested to be moved, only to find that the bars across the street are active until after 2:00 am. My husband is not a light sleeper and it was all too much for him, even from our 5th floor room.

IMO it is a nice place, but the noise was so disruptive, I would not stay here again until they do some soundproofing.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear wndrwmn,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review. We are always looking to our guest's reviews for any feedback to could help us.
I completely understand your frustration with our parking situation. It is located right across the street in the parking garage. Since your visit, we have added a part time valet to help make our parking more convenient for our guests.
One of the greatest aspects of our hotel is our location. We are located in the hospitality/entertainment district of downtown Raleigh. There are numerous local restaurants and entertainment venues located within walking distance of our property. Being a downtown location near all of these venues, sometimes they can be heard within the guest rooms, as you experienced. We are working with the local merchants and residents in the neighborhood to implement a noise ordinance. Since we have been working with these individuals, we feel it has gotten much better for our guests and will continue to do so.
Thank you again for all of your wonderful feedback!

Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This Hampton Inn was great. It is centrally located so that you can get anywhere in town in a short amount of time. The hotel staff is super and are there to really help you. Made you feel at home and took care of you. I am now a very satisfied Hampton Inn Fan!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Bertha H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!
One great aspect of our property that you mentioned is out location. We are located in the Glenwood South District, AKA Hospitality District, in downtown Raleigh. There are multiple local restaurants and entertainment venues just within walking distance to our hotel. If you wanted to go to any of the other districts of downtown Raleigh, you can always hop in the R-Line, which is a free city shuttle that takes you all through downtown Raleigh.
Thank you again for your wonderful review!

Newport Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Can't beat the Hampton Inns while road tripping with the kids!!! Always been a great experience! I have stayed in many hotels along our family road trip routes and have found that we love the comfort, consistency of service and cleanliness of the Hampton Inns. Very clean and fresh smelling. Comfortable beds & pillows are alway important to me. Nice staff and you can't beat the breakfast. TWO THUMBS UP!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Dear Jaime W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel! I am so happy to read that you had an enjoyable experience with us. I do believe that our Hampton Inn is great for kids considering we have our indoor, heated, salt water pool that most kids really enjoy. We are also very close to the Marble Kids Museum in downtown Raleigh and Pullen Park, which are great attractions for families with kids visiting.
Thank you again for the wonderful review! We to that we will see you all on your next road trip!

Maddy

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown? Share your experiences!