“Great Location, Super inconvenient parking” 3 of 5 stars

HHonors Points 2X
Ranked #10 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Location, Super inconvenient parking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel has a great location right in the heart of downtown Raleigh. My complaints were: the parking deck across the street was super inconvenient if you had a lot of luggage like I did. I booked a king bed room and was a little unimpressed. The doors to the room were so heavy that I could barely hold it open to rolls my bags in the room. The closet space was hidden behind a mirror and for the first 5 minutes I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to hang my clothes. The room I was in had only a stand up shower. The shower has 2 tiny shelves for my showers things so everything else had to sit on the floor.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Lauren J,

Thank you very much for your review! It is disappointing to see that our property did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the inconveniences. For 2014, we are hiring a valet attendant that will assist our guests with parking their cars and helping with luggage. We are excited about this as we know it will make our guests happy!

It is pleasing to note that our location was ideal for you as we are located near many different local venues and restaurants. If you have any further feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us at 919.825.4770. Thank you again for your review!

Maddy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Staff was really great, and the facilities are all brand new and updated. I was commuting from New England to North Carolina weekly from October through December's end. The staff was helpful, accommodating, and generally cheerful, greeting me by name when I came in the door. Raleigh has a free bus that travels in a loop around the city, so going out without a car after hours was safe and easily accomplished. I would recommend this hotel with enthusiasm.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear 124jclang,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed all your stays with us and hopefully we were able to make it feel as your home away from home! We take pride in our service and hospitality that we provide. Hopefully we will see you again in the New Year!

Bristol, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had the worst experience at this hotel. First of all, this hotel is in a club district. I was here on business and the music was literally shaking my room until 3 am. I called the front desk and they didn't even say sorry, they simply said its in a club district. I had a meeting for work that I had to be at at 8 am the next day and I was so tired from being up all night! The comforters say that they are washed every day but mine had blood on it. I asked them to wash it on the first day and they still had not washed it by the time that I had checked out two days later. I had to sleep without a comforter on. Very unhappy.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
Dear Cheryl W,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers. I would first like to extend my sincerest apologies for the noise you experience from the surrounding venue and for the way our team member handled your complaint of the noise. The way our team member handled your situation is not normal for us and I definitely be addressing this with the team member and our whole team to ensure this never happens again. We take pride in the service that we provide and we always strive for providing the best service and hospitality out there and I greatly apologize that you did not have this experience. I know this was beyond frustrating for you. Thank you for letting us know if this issue so we can ensure it is addressed and this does not happen again.

I would also like to apologize for the spot even being on your comfortable and even more for them not changing it after you had requested it to be washed. I will be talking with our front desk and housekeeping team to find out why it was never changed and to make sure that they are honoring every guest request.

Once again please do accept my apologies for the shortcomings during your stay and I can assure you that we will spend some time with our team raising your concerns to their attentions.

North Caroina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This Hampton Inn is located within walking distance to restaurants and nightlife in Glenwood South district which is great but ask for a room on East end of hotel to avoid loud music and noise from bars down on Glenwood. We were in room 300 and it was loud - must be why they provide ear plugs in the room? :)

Hotel decor is very nice and very clean. Beds were comfy and service was good.

Parking garage is located across street so you have to check in first to get access to garage.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sweetcarolinanc,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, other than the noise you experienced. I greatly apologize that you experienced noise from the surrounding venues. As you stated, do not hesitate to request a room on the opposite of the building for any future reservations. We always do our best to honor room location requests.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Very accommodating, clean rooms, comfortable cots (we had 5 in one suite), great deal for the price, friendly staff, location within walking distance of some good restaurants and a Starbucks, overall very satisfied.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review! I am so happy that we were able to accommodate to many of you in one suite. Our staff is great at making sure our guests get what they need!
Dover, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Stayed at this hotel during a quick weekend trip to Raleigh. The hotel is very new and so everything is clean and up to date. It is on the high end of quality for a Hampton Inn. It is pricier than other options but I like to pay for location and this hotel seemed to have the best location. Tons of places to eat and drink right outside the door. The area is very easy to walk. Highly recommend!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bruin23,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your weekend trip to Raleigh. You definitely picked the best location for a weekend trip since one of the many great qualities of our hotel is its location in downtown Raleigh and all of the entertainment venues it has to offer. If you come back to Raleigh, there is also a free city bus that we are located near that will take you all over downtown Raleigh if you feel like venturing to other places that may be too far to walk.

Raleigh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

If you're looking for a place that's close enough to downtown and some night life without breaking the bank, then Hampton Inn Suites is for you. It was only 5 minutes from the meeting that I needed to attend and the staff was very helpful and engaging.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for your lovely review! That is great that our location was so close to your meeting! I know that must have been very enjoyable to not have to travel so far. I am glad that our staff was so helpful! They take their service and guest experience to the next level to ensure our guests are enjoying themselves and just having the best time ever!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown? Share your experiences!