“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
Raleigh, United States
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel is wonderful! The staff is well-trained and extremely welcoming! It is within walking distance of so many bars and restaurants AND there is a shopping center called Cameron Village that is only a mile away! Not a walking distance mile, but very short drive!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Madelyn D,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with other travelers. One of the many great aspects of our hotel is its location in downtown Raleigh and all that is offers! I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us!

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Durham often for work and decided to stay over the weekend. I wanted to check out Raleigh and someone suggested this hotel since its new.
-Rooms are pretty standard but definitely clean and in good condition. No tub in my bathroom and only had paper cups, minor but still.
-Location is great with a lot to walk to in this hip looking area.
-Breakfast is pretty good - eggs, bacon, make your own waffles, etc.
-What really makes this place shine is the staff: everyone was super attentive, friendly, and had a great customer service attitude. Josh was helpful with check in and got me a glass glass for my evening beverage. Katie was also friendly and proactively helpful, and got me some regular milk for my coffee after the breakfast area closed. Thanks Katie!

If you travel often like I do, you expect standard stuff like clean rooms, enough towels, etc, but it's staff like Josh and Katie who make staying away from home a good experience.

• Stayed November 2013
HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us for the weekend! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and received such great service from Josh and Kaite! Our service is something that we pride ourselves in and strive to make sure we provide the best.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations for the Raleigh area. It is clean and well managed. It feels more like a Hilton than a Hampton Inn.

The gym overlooks the pool which was a little on the cold side, our only complaint.

The lounge areas in the lobby are so nice. They have more than one and offer complimentary snacks in the evening and beverages.

You do have to pay extra for parking but it is in a secured parking deck

We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There was a bar that had loud music until late so make sure you aren't facing that bar. Not sur...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us! I am so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations! We are always striving to provide that best service out there and make sure our guests feel at home while with us.
alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great hotel, new facility, located right on Glenwood in walking distance of everything. I never moved my car. Staff is awesome. Parking.....not so convenient if you have a lot of luggage. For instance, I had to pull into the unload zone, unload, take luggage to room on cart, come back downstairs, move car across the street to garage. Then to leave, go across street to get car, then back up to get luggage by cart, load car....need bellman and valet. Otherwise perfect. Parking is cheap 6 bucks unlimited access in and out

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are conveniently located within walking distance to many different restaurants and entertainment venues. If we are not close enough, we are also located right on the R-Line bus route which is a complimentary city bus that takes you all over downtown Raleigh.

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the parking situation. If you stay with us again, do not hesitate to ask any of our associates if they would park your car for you! We do it all the time for our guests and love to do so! Anything that can make our guests' experience better!
Westminster, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had the extreme pleasure of staying with these great people for 9 1/2 weeks. I was training for a new position with a new company and was required to be away from home for this extended period. We all know, living out of suitcases is hard and trying. Here, in this location with these great people, it was not. I have stayed in boutique hotels all around the world and payed FAR greater rates to do so, the service at the Raleigh Hampton Inn Downtown, exceeded ALL of them in every imaginable way. When coming in late and tired a beer would be offered, I was allowed to keep some things in the office while on a quick two day trip home. Katie at the desk made me home made cookies to cheer me up. The list goes on and on. EVERY single person in this hotel greets you every time with a smile and asks how you are doing. The hotel is new, (Dec 2012) and VERY clean. I hope you all have the pleasure of staying here at least for a night, just to see what true hospitality is like. I have been a fan of Hampton Inn's and now I am a RAVING FAN! I will miss the people of this hotel and hope to run into them in the future. Kevin

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevin,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travelers! We sincerely enjoyed having you as our guest and I am so happy that we were able to make our hotel your home away from home! We sure do miss you around here and hope that you are enjoying your new job in Alaska! We hope to see you again in the future!

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We wre here for two nights and LOVED the location, there are many bars, restaurants and clubs nearby, even a sweet gift shop with lots of unique hand made gifts in a nice range of prices, a few blocks away on Glenwood called Banjo Cat. Do try Plates for a meal-also on Glenwood. There was easy access to many main highways making it easy to travel witin the city/state if this is your base. The room like most Hampton Inn's was spotless, the gym was larger than most and there was a very clean indoor pool , what a plus. The hotel is pretty new and has a very comfortable lobby with two inviting sitting areas. I was intitially concerned about the proximity of the clubs to the hotel but did not encounter any problems the train which our room faced was noiser waking us up early one morning. While all the staff was pleasant and helpful Katie deserves special recognition, she was terrfic , warm and very helpful with directions and her overall upbeat attiitude . She made us feel like VIP guests , it was a real pleasure to interact with her. You should be aware that parking is across the street in a commerical lot . This was a problem during a heavy downpour and weekend nights when all of the hotel reserved and lower level parking spots were taken . It didn't feel dangerous just uncomforable when you are tired to have to walk down several levels back to the hotel ( in heels) there is not a direct connection into the hotel and there is an extra charge of $6.00 per day. This is the first time I have had to pay for parking at a Hampton Inn. Overall I would be happy to stay here again and probably will since I have family in the area .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Eve26,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will hopefully be seeing you again soon! I am so joyed that Katie provided such great service as she always does for you. She is one of many stars within our Front Office team! The service she provides still amazes even us and I will be ecstatic to share your feedback with her and the rest of our team.

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the train waking you up early in the morning. For any future stays you may have with us, do not hesitate to call the hotel directly and request that we place you in a room away from the train. We always make sure to honor room requests when we are able.

Again, thank you very much for sharing you experience with other travelers!

Raleigh, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is a very clean hotel and everyone is very nice. The only problem we experienced was the noise of the train track that was next to the hotel. It is extremely loud and kept us up most of the night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Teresa A,

Thank you very much for your nice review! Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Raleigh, we strive to provide world class hospitality and service.

I greatly apologize about the train the came through during your stay. If you would like, for any future reservations, do not hesitate to call us directly and ask for a room away from the railroad tracks. We always do our best to honor requests, especially when it come to room location.

Madelyn

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown? Share your experiences!