“Top Ingredients Make Superior Food and Coffee” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 52 Coffee & Tea in Raleigh
Cuisines: Bakeries
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: European style Raleigh coffee shop and cafe serving Counter Culture coffees & espresso, Rishi teas, craft beer and wine. Fresh, local ingredients, sandwiches, salads, Boars Head meats and cheeses, neapolitan pizza for dinner, fresh fruit & veggie smoothies, bakery, Homeland Creamery milk & ice cream. Live Music Friday and Saturday nights. Catering on and off site. Private Room.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Top Ingredients Make Superior Food and Coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The attention to detail shows at Sola. I’ve been there for breakfast, lunch, and evening entertainment. Everything I’ve ordered was fresh and made with the best ingredients. The donut holes are addictive and the sandwiches I’ve eaten are excellent and well worth the price. Although I’m not normally a coffee drinker, the pour overs at Sola make drinking coffee a sensation for the taste buds! The baristas truly enjoy their work and it is reflected in the coffee.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Nice lowkey place for coffee, eats, and talking with friends.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I have been to Sola several times, sometimes in the morning, more often in the evening. I enjoy the atmosphere, coffee, and food very much! In the morning, the cinnamon rolls, mini donuts, or the Greek mini omelet (they offer other varieties, but this is the one I've had), are fantastic. My daughters enjoy getting the hot chocolate any time of day! In the evening I've enjoyed the caprese sandwich and offerings from their daily specials. I have also popped in in the evening just to get ice cream! :-) Although I have not had the opportunity to be there for lunch, there does seems to be something for everyone most any time of day.

The only downside I have experienced was recently when a friend and I had gone in for coffee and ended up talking til closing. The staff that particular day were a bit curt with us, but normally everyone is extremely friendly.

Additionally, check the Sola events calendar! My family had dinner and enjoyed the music of Andrew Kasab at Sola, and they offer various types of musical entertainments and events throughout the year.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Truly outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Visiting relatives and went here based on internet reviews. What a great find! The food and coffee reflects care and attention to detail.

wv
“Cute coffee bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Great atmosphere counter culture coffee was served which was delicious. Skilled baristas and pastry chefs don't hurt as well.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Perfect Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We discovered Sola shortly after it opened and come regularly early Saturday mornings to relax and jump start the weekend. I tend to go for the traditional coffee and it's always on the money; my wife likes to try different lattes. They are always good. With our coffee, we tend toward love the bagels and the breakfast sandwiches. The service stands out. If something isn't right...Sola's great, not perfect...all I've ever had to do is mention it to John or one of the staff and they immediately make it right. We have been to a number of coffee cafes in Raleigh and other cities in the U.S., but Sola more than any of them has a "come in, get comfortable" vibe that we appreciate.

• Visited July 2014