“Tastey Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Pittstown, New Jersey
“Tastey Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Went here while for dinner on a business trip. It's convenient location, but it didn't seem to be in the best of areas - then again, I've never been to Raleigh before. Service was prompt and the waiter kept coming to my table asking if everything was ok. When I ordered, the waiter didn't know what I was asking for, so he had to look at the menu and read the description of what I ordered. Strange. Nevertheless, the food quantity was large; i couldn't finish. I would go here again if in the area.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Horrible Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This place is horrible! I had lunch there with co-workers and they never served me my food! Waited for over an hour. Four of my co-workers never received their food either! The waitress was rude and dismissive as well as kitchen management. I asked to speak with the manager and the staff there acted like they did not understand my request! No one apologized!!!! Do not eat here!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A different authentic Mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

The menu at Cinco de Mayo is different from many of the other authentic Mexican places in this area, but not too Americanized. They have some dishes I haven't seen elsewhere. My husband and I often share the Mojajete (sp?) and it's plenty for two. The chicken and steak are superb, the shrimp tender and it comes with sautéed green onions and cactus.

You heard me, cactus. See, told you it was different.

Another favorite of ours there is the chorizo queso dip. The salsa is nothing special but that dip is to die for.

Also love their mango frozen margaritas. Yum.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Not your run of the mill Mexican fare..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We eat here weekly. We have never had a bad meal. The menu does not resemble the avarage Mexican restaurant...only one small section of "combo" meals offered.
The Queso Fudido appetizer is a must try!! On weeknights they have $10 margarita pitcher specials and boy are they are TASTY! I usually order one of the chicken dishes. They are all superb. Great food. great service and great prices...

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati
“Great meal, modest price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Enjoyed a great meal in a relaxed atmosphere. Service was very good. Location very convenient. good menu selection.

Visited January 2013