“DONT GO HERE!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Alexandria, United States
“DONT GO HERE!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Disappointed with the overall cleanliness of hotel; to include bed linens and bathroom linen. Old dirty furniture greets you on the second floor. Exterior gardening is in sad shape. Only PRO is--close to hospital.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Came to Raleigh for a concert & stayed 1 night here. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast had a lot of choices. In addition to donutes there were hardboiled eggs, yogurt, make your own waffles, a variety of juices, cereals, milk, bagels, and more. The pool was clean & refreshing. Definitely a good value for the $$ and would stay here on the next trip!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

raleighinn, General Manager at Raleigh Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your business and appreciate your time.Looking forward to your future visits.
Orlando, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights and had a nice time. Breakfast was very crowded due to a convention in town. Three weeks after returning home, we found that we brought bed bugs home with us. The pest control inspector said according to our level of infestation, ours was a scenario where we did indeed bring them from the hotel in which we stayed. This was the only hotel we have stayed this summer. Is the entire hotel infested? I don't know, but obviously room 219 is.

Room Tip: Check mattress for bed bugs before bringing in luggage.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
raleighinn, Manager at Raleigh Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I am sorry to hear you had to deal with the bed bug.We are positive and gurantee that as I write this there are no bed bugs and at present we are bed -bug free hotel.The room is being rented ever since with not a single complaint so far from any of the guest.
Three weeks is a long time for the bed bugs to be multiplying without biting.Hotels are not the only carriers of bed bugs.
IAD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Don't be fooled by the property name and "Suites". This premise might be a good hotel in the past decade. Especially, do not consider this hotel if you are travelling with family. I think management and staffs are working hard and trying to do their best. The hotel looks like it is renovated at the moment. However, there are following problems I encountered.

Location is pretty bad. I encountered several hobos near the hotel. Hotel is situated in 64 to Knightdale. You can watch so many hobos crossing this 64 all the time. Additionally, this area has nothing to offer to travelers so most patrons are either construction workers or group travelers arrived by tour bus. The hallway is full of odors and this housekeeping is really cleaning the room. I checked into a room which was not cleaned then housekeeper showed up and said "give me a five minutes". She literally cleaned in seven minutes. I am not sure if they really clean anything other than spraying Clorox to a room.

Other than these I agree with other reviewers that bed are not comfy, window is not sound proof. It is very noisy at night. Breakfast offerings do not look sanitary. Overall, I recommend to move on to other area to get your room at comparable price. Please avoid this hotel. I think this motel is second worst hotel in my visit to Raleigh.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
raleighinn, Manager at Raleigh Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
I appreciate your time in giving the feedback of your experience.We at Best Western strive to make the stay of each and every guest as comfortable as possible.The house-keeping staff takes 30 minutes to clean each room and when she said give couple of minutes it only meant that it was not completely ready yet.. We are one of those hotels who still have smoking rooms available to my smoking guest, and I aplogise once again for all the odour.I wish even if you stopby on enroute you will see we do maintain cleanliness.
Thanks once again for shring your exoerience,it helps me to improve better and better.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Went to this best western cuz it's close to eveything all staff is friendly eva is the best always doing what she can to make everyone happy brekfast is good love the waffles me and my wife will be staying here for now on see u soon

• Stayed April 2013
raleighinn, General Manager at Raleigh Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We appreciate your time in filling out the survey.We at Best Western strive to give the best and all our comments are valued and appreciated.Looking forwad to your future visits
Groveton, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The first night we were surprised to find out our rooms were not near each other, fortunately Eva took care of that for the rest of the week. All of the staff was friendly and considerate. We will be returning to the Raleigh area and will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your time and appreciating our staff.It boosts their morale and brings out better and better each time.
Ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

OH my goodness, this is bad, the pool was murking, I would not let my pig swim in this pool.
The venue was very busy, people not friendly, other than Eva who was great at front reception.
Teenagers all over. Some friendly, some not so.
I would be afraid to leave my dog here, do yourselves a favour, not book here. Pay the extra and move on.
i am definitely not going to have breakfast here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

raleighinn, General Manager at Raleigh Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I appreciate your time in giving the feed back. I apologise for the bad experience you had.I wish these things were brought to our attention during your stay which would have helped us to take care of you in a better way.Once again on behalf of Best Western we are sorry and would be grateful if you give us one more opportunity to serve you better

Been to Raleigh Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!