The location was fine - right off of I-85 and within a short, pleasant walk down to central Raleigh. The front desk clerks (one per shift, apparently) were all friendly young ladies and as accommodating as could be, given their limited resources. Those are the positives.
Now the negatives -
- Musty, stinky hallways
- Broken ice machine
- Shattered mirror in second floor hallway (broken shards taped back on in a haphazard way)
- Our door did not seal, there was a large gap at bottom of our door where light and smells poured in all night
- Desk clerk (singular) expected to do double-duty stocking the very basic breakfast area (green bananas and over ripe oranges, anyone?)
- Bathtub faucet dripped constantly
- Blanket on our bed had a huge area (appx 5" x 5") where it appeared to have been burned through
- Peeling wallpaper in bathroom
- The workout room was a joke
One could argue that based on the low cost per night, you get what you pay for. But if I were the owner - and if only out of a sense of pride - I would invest in upgrades to this place or sell it to someone who can.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Wyndham, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Raleigh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Raleigh Hotel Raleigh
- Raleigh Days Inn