“Tasty Italian Food in North Raleigh” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mia Francesca Trattoria

Mia Francesca Trattoria
4100 Main at North Hills St., Suite 115, Raleigh, NC 27609 (Formerly Mia Francesca)
919-278-1525
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mia Francesca Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #253 of 1,236 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Pizza & Pasta, Wine Bar
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Adjacent to the Renaissance Hotel
Description: Mia Francesca Trattoria -Tuscan Italian restaurant – located in North Hills – Raleigh, NC invites you to come and experience truly authentic, made from scratch, farm to table Italian cuisine. At Mia Francesca our chefs cultivate the freshest ingredients to bring you what true Northern Italian casual fine dining is – fresh, local ingredients, rustic, and made from scratch. Stepping into Mia Francesca Trattoria is like stepping back in time and space to Northern Italy near Tuscany – where food is and was crafted with simple but creative flavors, where meals were enjoyed with family and friends, and wines and desserts were never skipped – where food is celebrated along with the company of friends and family. At Francesca’s we bring this love of food to North Hills in North Raleigh, adjacent to the Renaissance Hotel.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Tasty Italian Food in North Raleigh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This restaurant does a really solid job with Italian cooking. The place is large and barn-like -- a trattoria it isn't -- but the wine list is strong and the food is well-prepared and well presented.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh
“Best Restaurant in Mid-Town Raleigh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

A friends recommended this restaurant to us. We looked at the menu, and decided to go there for a special dinner with a friend. Our waiter was wonderful, well versed on the menu. His recommendations were perfect. The menu changes every two to three months so variety is always present. The chiefs use a lot of fresh vegetables in the entrees, presenting wonderful combinations. The desserts are "to die for". We plan to return and we hope that our waiter is available on our return.
This is a must try for anyone looking for an excellent up-scale restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh
“ho hum Italian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've dined here on more than a couple of occasions. It's located at the bottom of the Renaissance hotel at North Hills. I've had salad, pasta, fish, and pizza and have to say there's just nothing really on their hand written menu that's exceptional. The chicken is bland and under seasoned while the Caesar salad (one of my favorites) is nothing short of dull. The wine, of course, is typical of North Hills prices. I can imagine thats where their big profits come from. I find that their dishes lack imagination or identity and cater to mostly rich hotel guests. I know exactly one person who finds their food phenomenal and I work near the area. I left my to go box by accident one time and didn't even care. It's not that their food is BAD... Just not worth the price of admission IMO. Would not go back on my own

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
South Pole
“average, fine dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

3 of 5 stars (average, fine dining).

Allow 50-70 minutes (no dessert).

Average entrée price: $24.

Allow about $40-$45 per person (one drink, no dessert, gratuity not included).

Technically, this is fine dining, but it's a chain, and it has none of the class, elegance or creativity on the menu of it's next-door neighbor, Flights (for just one example).

Pea pod salad is nice and simple: sugar snap peas, chopped tomatoes and sliced cucumber with a light lemon dressing.

Halibut was overcooked and had way too much of the accompanying sundried tomatoes, basil, pinenuts, red bell peppers, & petite arugula salad (actually, we didn't even see the arugula).

They charge too much for their wines and cocktails.

(see explanation of ratings below)

About my ratings:

Only fine dining establishments can garner five stars. Until TripAdvisor realizes that a fast food joint cannot possibly be ranked equally with a $100 per person place, I need to draw the line somewhere. If we were only talking about the quality and presentation of the food, it would be a different story. But, as we know, TripAdvisor's rankings take into account the entire dining experience.

Therefore, I divide restaurants into three categories (and I wish TripAdvisor would do the same):

1) fast food and "fast-casual" (no table service).

2) casual dining (table service, average entrée price: $10-$20).

3) fine dining (linen napkins, no plastic cups, no TV's in dining room, average entrée priced at more than $20).

Fine dining can earn a max of five stars. Casual dining can earn a max of four stars. Fast food can earn a max of three stars.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Good but not spectacular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here because we had been given a gift card. It is a 25 min drive from home so we hoped it would be a great experience. The restaurant is in the nice North Hills shopping area. The interior is nice. It is not a romantic restaurant but a nice atmosphere. The service was good and the food was good. The wine was just so so and we bought the most expensive Cabernet by the glass. I had the halibut and my husband had the seafood linguine. The halibut was good, I would go back if I were closer but not sure I will go out of my way. If you are in the area worth visiting.

Visited May 2013