“Iris - not as good as I was expecting” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Raleigh
“Iris - not as good as I was expecting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The ambiance is not that great, everything is white and spartan. Food was pretty good, as was the service. The attraction wa lunch followed by a stroll through the art - so it's worth it on that basis.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Greenville, North Carolina
“A lovely spot for a wonderful lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not a grab your tray kind of place, the Iris is a white linen tablecloth kind of place. Their chef is wonderful and very creative. It is worth the trip to the museum just for lunch! Make reservations.

Visited December 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our morning enjoying the art was let down by a very average lunch at Iris. I had what was effectively a tuna salad: the yellowfin tuna was described as poached in ginger, but it looked and tasted like tinned tuna with mild ginger flavoring. My partner had the lobster and asparagus omelette; the filling was nice but the omelette was tough. Most of the omelette/egg was left on the plate and our server didn't even ask whether it was OK or whether we enjoyed our meal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“A Gem in Plain Sight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Iris is a restaurant I had been wanting to try, but wasn't so sure about the big dollar signs for the dinner menu. A perfect compromise was brunch. I made reservations the day before and had no trouble at all finding a reasonable time slot. Our waitress was outstanding - she was direct and to the point and did not hover. She knew exactly what we needed to order based on what we told her of our preferences. We ordered the Oak City Benedict to share - and it was outstanding. It is a dish that should be shared rather than eaten alone because it is a lot of food. The presentation was elegant, the green tomato cut the richness of the biscuits and ham. We also ordered a side salad with walnuts and dried cranberries. Delicious. We loved that right after brunch we could spend the afternoon looking at timeless art (for free to boot!). I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a unique experience, with tasty food. I will be returning!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winston-Salem
“Fresh and Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This beautiful restaurant has delicious, fresh food and great customer service. We took our children to the museum for a day trip. As we were leaving, I thought I would see if they had any available tables, as it was packed. We got the last available table & were seated immediately. I had a perfectly cooked cheddar, bacon & mushroom omelette with hollandaise sauce. My husband & children thoroughly enjoyed gingerbread waffles with roasted cashews. We will definitely be returning to tour the other museum building. We will have lunch at the Iris again when we return!!!! I can't wait to try something new!

• Visited April 2013