“Great food and even a dog menu!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
hampshire
“Great food and even a dog menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Food is good - but be aware they have just changed their menu. They do a great brunch menu and we often head there on Sunday for brunch.

They have an outside seating area and a dog friendly. In fact when we took our dog - we got a dog menu as well. First time ever!!

Things like this really make the place special.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

North Carolina
“Fresh and Tasty food with homemade chips served upon seating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Fork and Barrel is in a location on Falls of the Neuse that apparently changes over with some frequency. The last time I ate here, it was some sort of tap room (and not very good). The decor does not seem to have changed; it's a bit dark and pub-like. I think that Fork and Barrel has a chance if the location alone does not hurt it. We were first offered bar area seating, but then our hostess stopped and told us that there would be live music within the next half hour and suggested that we sit in the dining room if we did not want to hear the music. The dining room was practically empty, which always is cause for concern especially on a Thursday night. One other party came in and were seated, but I overheard them saying how they had enjoyed a previous visit, so that is a good sign.

We were served a small bowl of homemade chips when we were seated and they were very good. The menu consists of burgers, sandwiches, and a variety of entrees. I tried the black bean burger with the garlic fries and it was the best black bean burger I've ever had. Freshly hand-pattied, topped with sliced avocado and a smoky spicy sauce. The garlic fries were subtle. My friend had a chicken sandwich and said it was very good as well.

Several different people stopped by our table to ask how things were, and either a manager or the owner held the door for us on the way out. My minor complaint was that our server seemed in a hurry to scurry us out. He took my plate when I was still nibbling on my fries and brought a to-go box for my friend before she had even asked (maybe she was going to eat the rest of her sandwich?). It was about 8pm so did not really make sense to be in a hurry except that I guess he'd been cut and was ready to head home.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
raleigh, nc
“Great beer selection, upgraded food choices, good service and fabulous bartender Lauren”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Laid back evening started on the patio with a cool breeze, half price appetizers for happy hour, Beer, wine AND liquor specials, a great Thurs evening band (Jason Adamo Band), great service from the bartender Lauren (who kicked butt with service recovery on a customer misinterpretation !!!) and a yummy great steak sandwich! Will definitely return-perfect local hangout, Danny (co-owner) was present and interested in customer feedback. Think we will see more positive comments for this under-recognized location!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Hamburgers and Tacos-dead atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

The food and service were great! Excellent margarita's.
The setting was quiet in an awkward way. I like that there are plenty of comfortable booth's, but since the large booth's surround the tiny tables and chairs on the floor, they give the feeling of being on stage. No one was sitting at the floor tables, and when the hostess wanted to seat us there, we asked for a booth., which she happily granted.

Visited March 2012
Greenville, North Carolina
“Excellent service and Very Nice Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Fresh local products used in a modern but casual manner . Tacos were not the typial Mexcian fare ...must try . Scallops dishe was excellent

• Visited December 2011