“Good For One Night” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Australia
“Good For One Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed overnight at the Hyatt Place in Cary, NC. The night staff at the reception were outstanding. Very friendly and lots of information; went out of their way to welcome us. Real customer service. The following morning the housekeeping staff were not so good. Knocked on our door at 8 a.m. to clean the room when were were clearly not out of the room. A bit annoying.
The room itself was just okay. A TINY bathroom, shower & toilet. You have to wash your hands in the adjoining room; not ideal. It was difficult to figure out the heating system. It was cold outside & inside the room when we arrived; the thermostat was set on air conditioning and we couldn't figure out how to get heat. The heating system is unfortunately not central air and therefore, very noisy when it comes on. Disturbs you at night.
Breakfast was plentiful and pretty good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

The room was clean and very roomy. I really like having a suite with the desk and TV area with the sofa and table separate from the bed.

The breakfast was good and even though there were a number of teams in the hotel for a large soccer tournament, they did a good job of keeping the breakfast bar stocked.

There are not any restaurants, except McDonald's, in the vicinity.

We would use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I recently made Hyatt place my preferred hotel and while this is my first at this property it does not disappoint.

Modern aesthetics, great design along the basic amenities at a Good value (reasonable rates). But the real difference is the staff.

Not sure where they find them or how they keep them but the staff is outstanding. After the first day I was greeted by name, they responded quickly and personably at every interaction. From the front desk and gallery hosts to the maint staff, kitchen staff and cleaners everyone was there with a welcome smile and a willing helpful attitude.

As far as the hotel goes the things I really like about Hyatt Place: fresh fruit always available, gallery open 24x7 for yummy food with healthy options, bar, fridges on the rooms, microwaves available to borrow, and in this location they are leed certified making you feel environmentally conscious as well.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times (most recently in Oct 2013) and it has become my hotel of choice when in Raleigh for business. The room is large, comfortable, and is consistently very clean. The separate seating area is nice and allows me to do work comfortably away from the bed (which is also very comfy). The AC/heat can be a little loud, but it didn't bother me. The staff has always been friendly, courteous, and accommodating. The location is great since it is less than a mile from I-40. It is right down the street from the State Fairgrounds, Carter Finley, PNC, and NC State and is situated in a place that makes it easy to get to Downtown or North Raleigh without taking the highway if needed. I haven't had a chance to try the cafe and bar, but I so see folks regularly enjoying it when I visit. This place is definitely worth a stay, especially if you are visiting the NCSU, Cary, Morrisville, or RTP areas. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a night here to break up our trip from New Jersey to Georgia and it was definitely worth it. Although the location seems rather out of the way from Raleigh/Durham, the upside was how quiet the location is. The check-in location is not as obvious as it is connected to the cafe and bar but the concierge was very friendly and prompt. The lobby is open, well lit, spacious, and well decorated without clutter. We stayed in a king bedroom and it was clean and spacious. The gym had newer equipment which was nice (they have a seasonal outdoor pool that was closed but it looks pretty nice) and the free breakfast selection was good, with choices for both adults and children. The Tazo tea was my favorite!

Because we came in late we did not have a chance to get dinner before checking in and, as I mentioned before, we were pretty far out of the way to go back into a bigger area for food so we ordered from the 24/7 menu. We got the turkey club which I was impressed with (presentation, taste, and portion) but I only do warn you that the bread was stale. Also, there was a lady bug crawling on the wall in our room but I figured it's good luck so we kept it there overnight. And one final thing - our air conditioning system was super loud at some points throughout the night (right as it was getting ready to start up) but I don't recall it doing that in the middle of the night when we were sleeping so we were fine.

Overall, definitely worth staying in!

Room Tip: The even sides looks out onto the parking lot (but I don't know what the odd side looks out onto...
Green Features: I was really pleasantly surprised by the hotel's initiative to be more environmentally-friendly
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Nice size room with plenty of space to stretch out. Great service at front desk. We were there for a Hurricanes game and the Hotel shuttled us to PNC arena and recommended a cab to get back. No hassle of parking and trying to get out. We were back at hotel 7 minutes after game was over for a $5 cab ride! Breakfast was very good for this type of chain.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The bed was so comfortable, the room was spotless. We had drinks at the bar and they were great, the food was pretty good, but it will fill you up. I would say if you have time go somewhere for dinner. We were there for a concert at the pnc center less than 5 mi away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Raleigh West? Share your experiences!