“EXCELLENT!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, Florida
“EXCELLENT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I recently spent one night in this hotel, which I booked through the internet. It was one of the nicest places I have ever been in. The room was huge with a living room area containing a very large couch and desk, small kitchen area with a coffee set up and refrigerator. The bed area had two queen beds that were very comfortable. The whole room was new and clean. The staff was beyond helpful and kind. I have nothing to even suggest in the way of improvement. I will definitely stay here when I am in RDU again. By the way, the price was very reasonable!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We booked a King bed nonsmoking room through Priceline express deals. It was $67, including tax and fees. Nice, clean and quite place. The bed was very comfortable. I love the free breakfast, the bacon egg small sandwich, fresh hot cereal, juice and Starbucks coffee! The free Internet speed is also good to watch videos.

• Stayed December 2012
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

What a pleasant surprise after a 10 hour car trip to be greeted with such friendly and hospitable staff. This hotel is new, clean, trendy and most of all, attentive to the needs of their guests. I love the fact that I don't need to leave the hotel to get good quality food. The menu has many options and they prepare it to order, you pick it up in the lobby and dine in the comfort of your room.
It looks like they have thought of everything, from the spacious rooms with all the amenities one could need to the bright sunlit lobby, bar and snack bar, this hotel ROCKS!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I can't say enough about the wonderful hospitality at the Hyatt Place. It is the south so if you are from NYC or from the north, be prepared for slow service, it is just a fact of life down. This Hyatt Place opened in 2012 and while they boast being LEED-certified (does it matter to a guest, or was it better for a tax incentive), I think there were many poorly planned designs.

First, I am only on few stays from receiving Diamond status so I stay at Hyatt's alot. I still give the Greenwich Hyatt highest marks for their room designs because of the outlets on the headboards. I never see that anywhere.

Now for the good on the Hyatt Place Raleigh - v. clean. Great workout facility. If it wasn't raining I would of taken advantage of the hot tub outside. My colleague enjoyed their selection of beer. The bed was firm and comfortable. I liked that they had a separate living area. Free wifi and hot breakfast (which if you stick to bagels, fruit and tea) is great.

The bad: the food. Horrible. The worst. The hummus was edible but you are better off ordering take out or going in town if you have a car. The lighting! I get you cater to business travelers but halogen lighting in the rooms???? Really? Not flattering, uncomfortable and at the end of the day not worth the tax incentive that the Hyatt got to make their guest uncomfortable. The closest was also really tiny and honestly, when I first checked in, I couldn't find it! Also, the sink is outside the bathroom, which is personal preference.

I would stay here again but I would not eat the food.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same but I would request two queens as the layout is better than a king.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was my first time staying here!
I liked it so much that I booked extra nights!
Great room, brand new, Super clean, Nice staff!
I loved the upscale bath room touches too!
very easy to get to almost anywhere in Raleigh!
I will stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was very clean . Relatively new hotel. Energy conscious hotel they even had charging stations for electric cars in the parking lot. My stay was fine until I found out that my daughter's leather jacket went missing from her room and she never took it out of her suitcase. Also, inadvertently I left an expensive beauty item behind and when I called the hotel that evening on the day I checked out, no one saw anything or recovered anything to be put in lost and found. Needless to say, I am beyond angry and wish I could say that I will never stay at a Hyatt in Raleigh again but because some things are beyond my control, I will. I will never bring anything of any type of value to this particular Hyatt again.

• Stayed November 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

For a traveling working stiff this place was a great temporary home. My room has a king size bed, the staff is helpfull without being annoying and I never see housekeeping but they kept the room clean. If your company offers you the option of staying here take it, especially if your traveling alone or single occupancy. The room had good fixtures and a great size TV with above avaerage ammenities, Jacuzzi, pool and a workout room, trust a guy who has done this a time or two - stay here if given the chance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Raleigh West? Share your experiences!