“Unique food, fair prices, leisurely service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #180 of 1,264 Restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At PieBird, our mission is to make and sell the finest quality, all-natural pies. We use the best, locally produced ingredients available. This allows us to make pies that not only taste great but are good for you too. We are long-time residents of the Oakwood neighborhood and are proud to be retailers in this beautiful, historic neighborhood of Raleigh.
Denver, Colorado
“Unique food, fair prices, leisurely service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I've been here on and off since they opened. I love the concept and food, but I always leave thinking they could have done just a bit more. The servers are friendly and knowledgeable, but the kitchen is slow.

• Visited April 2014

Chesapeake, VA
“sweet and savory”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My friend and I noticed this cafe while we were exploring the historic Oakwood district in Raleigh. We went inside and checked out the chalkboard menu which offered a variety of savory hand pies and pies by the slice as well as sweet pies by the slice.It appeared that the offerings varied by the day. The setting was small-town comfortable and the offerings were so tantalizing that we decided to walk around the neighborhood some more so we could work up an appetite and come back for lunch. I ordered a slice of the savory chicken, mushroom, and Asiago pie which was very flavorful and delicious! Although the pie was filling, I managed to squeeze in a decadent slice of chocolate chess pie. My friend ordered spinach and feta hand pies with poached eggs on top. She thoroughly enjoyed the first pie but decided not to eat the second one so she would have room for the fluffy coconut cream pie. She appeared to be happy with that decision. Both of us heartily recommend the Pie Bird.

• Visited March 2014
Cary, North Carolina
“The place in Raleigh for specialty pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Piebird has some great potpies that me, my wife, and the kids all love. But the best is there desert pie which some are to die for.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Canceled our event so they could make more money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have never written a bad review in my life, but this establishment is terrible. Never plan an event here or eat here. The owner, Sheila, is unbelievably rude, and there is no form of organization to the management system. We booked an event here a month in advance and payed a sizable deposit. In the following weeks we stopped in multiple times to look at the space, place our order and talk with staff. The staff confirmed our order and confirmed the price we were to pay. The day before the event, the owner called us and told us that we would have to pay significantly more to have our event there because she wouldn't make enough money if we had it as we previously agreed. When I calmly asked her to honor our previous agreement, she became exasperated and asked me "What don't you understand?" She also stated that she was not in the business of hosting events like ours because people at these events don't tip well and don't buy enough drinks. I eventually had to call everyone on our invitation list and move the party in a desperate attempt to save the event. We went in and talked to the owner to get our money back. She made no valiant attempts to remedy the situation and only offered to move our event (this is the night before the event, mind you) or put our deposit towards some to-go pies (not useful if you have no place to eat them). All this begin said, the waiters and chefs were great to work with. It is incredibly regrettable that they have to work under such terrible and incompetent management.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Unique cuisine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I love the concept of this place. I've always enjoyed the pies I've tried. I've only been there for lunch. I like the portion size but can see where some would leave wanting more. It's a little expensive and if I remember correctly they don't give coffee refills. Overall, I liked it.

• Visited May 2013