“Treated like my reservation did not matter.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center

You added Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1813 South Saunders Street, I-40/440 at US 70/401, Raleigh, NC 27603   |
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
North Augusta, SC
“Treated like my reservation did not matter.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Made a reservation and at check in, I was charged a different price and told the reservation prices vary from the real price. The non smoking room smelled like the smoking room at the airport. The room temperature was. 97 degrees. Yeah, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay, I am terribly sorry for the confusion over the safe fee, the GSR at the front desk has been shown where her error was and that your rate had not changed it was the safe fee. We have had some pipes burst in some rooms from the freezing temperatures so I am sorry that we had to set them higher than normal and no room should smell like cigarette smoke, I am very disappointed that my staff let this issue slip through there fingers. I have gone in and done a hospitality adjustment on your folio for the problems you encountered, I hope that next time you are back in the area you will give us another chance to serve you.

K Kirk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

my wife and I stayed in the newly renovated suite!! Let me say that is like wow! large and up to date. Hardwood floors, flat screen tvs,pull out couch!!! Best deal in town! I would go back in a second.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for the "outstanding" review, we hope that all of our guest leave feeling this and feel that the rooms and service we offer makes you feel at home! I hope that next time you are in the Raleigh area you will choose to visit us again.

Pine Knoll Shores, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The other hotels who accept pets are just so expensive when you add the pet fee!! This one was very reasonable. The hotel is very clean and the front desk staff was nice. The housekeeping staff did not acknowledge me in the hallway ( I had no problem with that). There was a team of three and they knocked out cleaning the room in no time. Great location in terms of easy access to everything. Will more than likely stay here again depending on what we are in town for and where we need the hotel to be in regards to that.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I am so happy we were able to accommodate you and your 4 legged friend, I travel with 2 dogs so I appreciate what Red Roof Inn has to offer. I am pleased to see that you found out price so reasonable and hope that next time you are in Raleigh you will choose to stay with us again!

Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed there December 7th, 2013 while on vacation.

Pro’s:

• Close proximity to downtown Raleigh, less than 2 miles way-starlight shoot into downtown

• Rooms are not typical Red Roof Inn, hardwood floors, flat screen TV’s.

• Easy access from 40

• Bagged Breakfast

• Jason who checked us in was amazing-offering us some wonderful dining options in downtown Raleigh-very friendly & knowledgable.

Con’s:

• Sheets could have been a little cleaner

• Have to make a U-Turn to get back to the hotel when coming from downtown

Overall I would definitely stay there again-great value for the $$ & convenient to downtown Raleigh without paying downtown hotel rates.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back-less noise
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post a trip advisor review for us, your feedback is very important to me. I am pleased to see that you think we have are a great value, with our new rooms it is a great value.

I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

sutherlin va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This Red Roof Inn is a grat place to stay and a great value. It is very clean and the staff was so nice and helpful. If you have to be in the area you can not beat this for value being clean and just a friendly place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time our of your busy day to post a review for us, I am so pleased so see that the property and staff made you feel welcome. I hope that next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again.

I look forward to having you as a guest again in the near future!

South Carolina Low Country
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

PROS:
1. The revamped style really helped it feel like you paid more for the room than you did. You don't often get laminate floors and flat screen TVs for prices this low.
2. The location was good. Probably not even two miles from downtown. You do have to make a u-turn when getting back to the hotel via S. Saunders, but there are easier routes to discover (taking Blount street, for one).
3. All of the employees other than Phyllis (see below) were friendly and helpful.

CONS:
1. Unfortunately, Phyllis was working the front desk when we checked in. Our very first experience with the hotel was of an unfriendly, unaccomodating employee. She certainly did not make us feel welcome.
2. We stayed three nights, and housekeeping only came by once. We were gone the vast majority of daytime hours, but had to go downstairs to ask for extra towels three times.
3. Why were three of twenty channels ESPN? More variety in television is definitely needed.

Room Tip: Taking the advice of other travelers, we asked for a back-facing room to avoid all the bright parkin...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I am pleased to see that you found your stay "almost perfect" but we are really striving to make your staff PERFECT. Your feedback has been taken to heart and shared with my staff, I hope you will come stay with us again so we can give you that perfect stay.

Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this Red Roof Inn. I was able to have my dog with me and the rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. I felt comfortable because all the outside doors were locked except in the lobby and those are locked after a certain time. They provided you a "bagged breakfast" of oatmeal, an apple, and a bottle of water. The rates were more than reasonable. Will use them again in my further travels!

Room Tip: If you have a pet, the end rooms are more convenient when you need to take them out.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I am so pleased to see that we were able to offer you and your four legged friend a great place to stay, we try to be accommodating to those traveling with furry friends and I am pleased to see that we offered it to both of you.

I hope that next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again!

K Kirk

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center? Share your experiences!