“Greal Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center

You added Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1813 South Saunders Street, I-40/440 at US 70/401, Raleigh, NC 27603   |
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Asheville, North Carolina
“Greal Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed there December 7th, 2013 while on vacation.

Pro’s:

• Close proximity to downtown Raleigh, less than 2 miles way-starlight shoot into downtown

• Rooms are not typical Red Roof Inn, hardwood floors, flat screen TV’s.

• Easy access from 40

• Bagged Breakfast

• Jason who checked us in was amazing-offering us some wonderful dining options in downtown Raleigh-very friendly & knowledgable.

Con’s:

• Sheets could have been a little cleaner

• Have to make a U-Turn to get back to the hotel when coming from downtown

Overall I would definitely stay there again-great value for the $$ & convenient to downtown Raleigh without paying downtown hotel rates.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back-less noise
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a trip advisor review for us, your feedback is very important to me. I am pleased to see that you think we have are a great value, with our new rooms it is a great value.

I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

K Kirk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
sutherlin va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This Red Roof Inn is a grat place to stay and a great value. It is very clean and the staff was so nice and helpful. If you have to be in the area you can not beat this for value being clean and just a friendly place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time our of your busy day to post a review for us, I am so pleased so see that the property and staff made you feel welcome. I hope that next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again.

I look forward to having you as a guest again in the near future!

South Carolina Low Country
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

PROS:
1. The revamped style really helped it feel like you paid more for the room than you did. You don't often get laminate floors and flat screen TVs for prices this low.
2. The location was good. Probably not even two miles from downtown. You do have to make a u-turn when getting back to the hotel via S. Saunders, but there are easier routes to discover (taking Blount street, for one).
3. All of the employees other than Phyllis (see below) were friendly and helpful.

CONS:
1. Unfortunately, Phyllis was working the front desk when we checked in. Our very first experience with the hotel was of an unfriendly, unaccomodating employee. She certainly did not make us feel welcome.
2. We stayed three nights, and housekeeping only came by once. We were gone the vast majority of daytime hours, but had to go downstairs to ask for extra towels three times.
3. Why were three of twenty channels ESPN? More variety in television is definitely needed.

Room Tip: Taking the advice of other travelers, we asked for a back-facing room to avoid all the bright parkin...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I am pleased to see that you found your stay "almost perfect" but we are really striving to make your staff PERFECT. Your feedback has been taken to heart and shared with my staff, I hope you will come stay with us again so we can give you that perfect stay.

Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this Red Roof Inn. I was able to have my dog with me and the rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. I felt comfortable because all the outside doors were locked except in the lobby and those are locked after a certain time. They provided you a "bagged breakfast" of oatmeal, an apple, and a bottle of water. The rates were more than reasonable. Will use them again in my further travels!

Room Tip: If you have a pet, the end rooms are more convenient when you need to take them out.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I am so pleased to see that we were able to offer you and your four legged friend a great place to stay, we try to be accommodating to those traveling with furry friends and I am pleased to see that we offered it to both of you.

I hope that next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again!

Walnut Cove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was the closest and least expensive when going to the State Fair. Very friendly staff, laminate flooring, CLEAN rooms. Less expensive with none of the things I usually do not need in a hotel - no coffee pot (there is coffee in the lobby), no refrigerator, hair dryer. Just a clean room with a good price. Will definitely book for next year's fair.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for so much for your review and I am glad we were "exactly what you were looking for", we are proud of our new rooms and with reviews such as yours others will learn about the great product we have to offer.

We hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Lumberton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very friendly front desk, clean comfortable room, attractive laminate flooring which i loved, clean bathroom, comfortable large bed. excellent location for my trip. right off the highway easy short distance to Fuquay-Varina and minute cab ride to downtown Raleigh. would stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Clean, Friendly and Comfortable exactly what I am hoping that we are providing. I am so happy to see that you had a great stay with us and hope that you will come back and visit us in the near future!

Thank you!

Newport, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I really like the new look for Red Roof. We chose this for it's location - right off 40 - easy to get to - and had a good nights stay. The floors in the rooms are laminate/hard wood with a bit of carpeting around the bed for comfort. The look and feel is clean and bright - the bathroom was clean - although the vanity area was small and the sink big - I have no complaints. The staff was friendly. There are lots of places to eat nearby - shopping nearby. Only one problem - the a/c didn't work too well - we couldn't get it adjusted...but we'll let the front desk know. We came to Raleigh for the night - and will probably stay here again. The girl at the front desk said that the breakfast is really more continental that full - and they recommend places to go for a bigger meal if you want that. The room is a great size - nicely appointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Moreauak:

Thank you for the great review! We try very hard to make our guest feel welcome and like you we love our new rooms. We are getting ready to become a Red Roof Plus property and will have a upgraded linen package, I hope you will be guest of ours again in the near future to experience Red Roof Plus.

K Kirk

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center? Share your experiences!