“Best value in its class.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center

You added Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1813 South Saunders Street, I-40/440 at US 70/401, Raleigh, NC 27603   |
Ranked #21 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Denver, Colorado
“Best value in its class.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

First-timers at RRI, we were in town for a weekend event. The Raleigh NC property was a pleasant surprise: spacious room, up to date decor, and all the essentials (great bed, fridge, microwave). We liked the wood floor. Biggest surprise was how quiet it was, although they were fully booked. Wonderful value!

• Stayed July 2013
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review, we agree, we feel as if we have hit "the jackpot" with our new rooms, we are very proud of them and happy to show them off and the king rooms have so much to offer with the microfridges, irons and boards, blowdryers, in room coffee and flat screen tv's. I hope everyone who reads your reveiw and is planning a trip to Raleigh will give us a try.

Thank you for the great feedback, we hope ot have you as a guest again in the near future!

K Kirk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Ahoskie, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The picture on this site is not at all what the rooms look like. The rooms are contemporary and new and WOW, perfect! Staff at the front desk are extremely customer oriented and accommodating! This hotel offers a government rate as well as a weekly discount. That is not the only plus. Compared to the hotels that I have stayed at, (higher end) the rooms are MUCH CLEANER, bigger, and nicer. Hardwood flooring throughout, red accent wall, and most important, there is a huge work space to spread out. Guys, when I opened the door to my room I was floored and said "jackpot!" I could not believe that I was in this beautiful and comfortable room that made me feel like I was at home. I had a refrigerator, microwave, safe, and everything was in working condition. The bed was extra comfy, as I slept better than I did at home. Don't be fooled into paying double to stay in a smaller room. IF YOU ARE HERE ON BUSINESS AND NEED A NICE PLACE TO STAY WITH NEWLY REMODELED ROOMS, STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: If you do not use the safe, let the front desk know at check out and they will remove the charge.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for the great review! We are very proud of our new rooms and the pictures should be updated soon. I have shared your review with all of the staff and all were so happy for the kind words, everyone here tries to make our guest feel welcome and at home. I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Warmest regards,

Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I like the new rooms. They are very clean with their wood floors, for the price you can't beat it especially if you bring your pet. The only improvement is that it needs to be cleaned more often. The stairways are dirty with cigarette butts and the outside garbage often overflow.

Room Tip: King-size room is the best value!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Michele:

Thank you for your review, I have printed it and shared it with my staff especially since you were here on a very busy weekend. I am sorry there were cigerette butts in the stairwells, they are cleaned every morning but we need to check them in the evening before housekeeping leaves also. I know the garbage cans overflowing was a problem that weekend, we just could not keep up with the amount of trash that was going into them but I did speak to the night shift to let them know it is their responsibility to keep and eye on this also. I am happy to see that you had a good stay and hope that you will come back and be out guest in the near future.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Friendly staff, very accommodating willing to work with clients to meet their needs! Plus staff had a great knowledge base of the area and helpful info for getting around! Clean rooms with lots of space!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Sue:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, your feedback is appreciated. I have to say we try to give our guest great service and to make everyone feel at home. I hope next time you are in the area you will stay with us again. I look forward to having you as a guest in the near future!

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This Red Roof property has recently had an outstanding upgrade. The room prices make this the best value in town. Inside the beltline, minutes from the center of downtown, and quick access to government buildings. The staff is very knowledgeable and willing to help with information about the area. Like most Red Roof's, this doesn't have the breakfast feature, but it's a very minimal drawback. Rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, and the hotel has recently gone Smoke-Free. Makes the rooms and the whole property a class act.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for the great review, we are excited about our new product and so happy to see that our guest feel the same way that we do. We appreciate your patronage and hope to have you as our guest in the future!

Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Red Roof Inn has just been remodeled, and it was very, very nice. The staff were very friendly. There was not a microwave and/or mini-fridge in my room, which I was a little surprised at. That seems to be standard in most hotels these days. Not a big deal, though, as all I used the room for was sleeping. The one thing that I really didn't like was there wasn't a coffee maker in the room. They had coffee downstairs in the lobby, though. There wasn't a continental breakfast, which also seems like the norm with most places. They had little bagged breakfasts (a bottle of water and an apple danish)

One thing I would recommend is to NOT get a room near the elevator/stairs if you can avoid it. I was in room 320, and could hear the door to the stairwell slamming shut all night long, and could hear people getting ice from the ice maker. Very thin walls.

Keep in mind, too, that this hotel is pet friendly...I was also awakened in the night by someone's dog barking.

I did like the fact that the doors to the rooms were all interior hallways...an added bit of security.

The hotel is literally about one mile from downtown Raleigh....that was nice.

All things considered, though, I would stay here again. Great value, nice hotel, good location. I would just ask to NOT be placed near the stairs/elevator next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Just a quick note to say thank you for your feedback, we do everything possible to make our guest feel welcome and at home. I am glad to see that you like the remodel, we are very proud of our new rooms and just an FYI so that you are not woken by a barking dog again, ask for the 2nd floor (away from the elevator :)) it is a pet free floor and we do not allow any type of pets on that floor.
I hope next time you are in Raleigh you will choose to stay with us again!

Warmest Regards,

Wilkesboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I've stayed here several time since i opened, but the new rooms are great and a needed change. the staff was okay just not exceptional. It is a hassle getting in and out due to the median, but a short trip towards town and a u-turn will get you back out towards Garner and a good selection of restaurants. It's certainly more convenient than some of the downtown hotels.The handicapped room was excellent with a large bathroom and roll-in shower.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter and be aware that they are renovating so expect noise from 8-5 weekday...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
First of all let me say thank you for taking the time to give us a Trip Advisor review, I really do appreciate hearing back from our guest and them giving their feedback to future visitors. I have to agree with you, we were long overdue for the renovation and I have to say we are so proud of the new product just the power strip with multiple outlets makes life so much easier when you have phones, computers and MP3 players to plug in. I am printing out your review for the front desk to review, I expect so much more than average from them!
Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

K Kirk

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center? Share your experiences!