“Convienent & excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center

You added Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1813 South Saunders Street, I-40/440 at US 70/401, Raleigh, NC 27603   |
Ranked #25 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
pa
“Convienent & excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night while passing through on our way home from Florida. We chose this hotel based upon the cost and the reviews. It was by far the best "cheap" hotel that we have ever stayed in. I think it was recently remodeled, which probably helped, but regardless, the room was very clean, smelled fresh and the bed was nice and comfortable. We brought our 1 year old and dog, and both of them were comfortable as well. No, there is not continental breakfast, but the coffee/tea and muffin were great to tie us over until we went out for breakfast. In my mind, I'd much rather stay in a nice room then eat a crappy breakfast anyway. We'd highly recommend you book here for an affordable, comfortable night's stay! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Superior King...the bathroom was huge, shower was great and lots of space in the ac...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Aaron:

Thank you so much for the great review! I am so pleased to see that you had a good stay and believe or not, no, we have not had a renovation we are due to be renovated next month so I hope next time on your way through NC you will stop and stay in one of our new rooms! My staff and I pride ourselves on offering a clean comfortable room had at an affordable price I am pleased to see that we delivered!

Once again, I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

K Kirk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the holidays. Love the renovations. It was in a great location for us. Shopping and dining was nearby. It always is a plus when the staff is friendly and helpful. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed November 2012
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Please accept my apology for the delay in responding to your review. First of all let me thank you for the kind words especially since we have not been renovated yet (next month) and like many folks who have let us know what good shape the property is in for never having had a full renovation. We are very excited about the new rooms and hope you will come back and stay with us again and have a "fully renovated hotel". The staff thanks you for commenting on the service you received, we try very hard to have our guest feel welcome and at home.

I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here for 1night on our way north to DC. No complaints at all. Room clean, bed comfy, shower hot. Easy 5 minute drive to downtown. Just off the highway but very quiet. Excellent value for money! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Leighton:

So pleased to see that you had a great stay my staff and myself try to offer clean rooms at a great rate and make our guest feel at home. I know you will not be in the area again anytime soon but when you are back in the Raleigh area I hope you will come check out our new rooms after our renovation, we are very excited about the project.

Thank you for the review, I hope to have you as a guest again.

Four Oaks, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night to avoid the 2 hour drive back home after enjoying Raleigh's downtown night life (which is modest).
The staff at the front desk was perfectly friendly.
The room was average; the television had adequate number of channels (news/movie channels).
The wifi in the room worked great with no issues.
The bathroom and bedroom were both clean as were the sheets.
This hotel was certainly adequate for the month spent.

Room Tip: The taxi trip took about 10 minutes from downtown Raleigh's "The Big Easy".
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for the review and we must find out what cab company took you 10 minutes to get to the Big Easy since it is a 5 minute drive! I am pleased to see that you had a pleasant stay and hope you will come stay with us again once we are through with our renovation so you can try out our new rooms. We appreciate your feedback and ahnk you for the review!
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed here for 4 years straight, every Christmas season. The first year I was very hesitant as I generally avoid RR Inns, but we were on a tight budget and the reviews were good. The minute I saw it, I had a feeling it was in a class above the rest, and I was right. Very clean spacious rooms, Clean bathrooms, everything working perfectly. And probably the best shower I have ever seen in a hotel - water pressure is fantastic and a nice wide shower head...really really nice. The pillows could be better - they were fairly small, but my request for extras was met with no problems. Nicely decorated lobby for the season. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I was told by the guy at the desk that the 4th floor was for smokers, but I never smelled any cigare...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am pleased to see that the hotel and staff are meeting your needs. We pride ourselves on clean comfortable rooms at a reasonable rate. Hopefully you will come back to visit us later in the year in 2013 to see our newly renovated rooms that we are so excited about.

Once again, thank you for staying with us when you are in Raleigh!

General Manger
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 5 nights while attending a conference. (Originally planned on 4 but extended because of my room and Raleigh attractions.).

Brought my dog with me and staff was wonderful about making up my room when I had a few minutes to take her for a walk. Because of the conference, times varried, but staff was always there within a few minutes of my request.

An added bonus: There is a huge (several acre) field out back which was great for running my dog.

Room was comfortable with fridge, a nice table, a desk and wi-fi. Only issue: no Public Television station on the cable. Other than that, this far exceeded exceeded expectations!

• Stayed August 2012
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Sophiasabella:

I am so pleased to see that you had a great stay at our property, the entire staff was given your review and would like to thank you for the kind words and everyone was pleased to see that you had a great experience which is what we strive for. I hope you can come back and stay with us again next year and see our new rooms since we are to be renovated at the beginning of 2012.

Thank you again and I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Swansboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I use this property two or three times a year. The only problem I have had in the past three or four years was actually my own fault. The folks at the front desk have let me, and the others in my ministry group, know that the second floor is pet free. I asked for a room on the first floor. Bad Idea. I should have known better. The rooms are always clean and since I spend several days I often hang the Do Not Disturb sign out and skip housekeeping for a day or two. If I need a clean towel there is always a helpful person to get me one. This property is less than 10 minutes from where I need to go each morning and having coffee in the room gets me there quickly and refreshed.

Room Tip: Make reservations early when the State Fair is going on!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Fran:

Thank you so much for the review, our guest are very important to us and what they have to say helps us to improve all around. I am pleased to see that you always have a good stay and hopefully you will be back to visit with us once our renovation is complete.

Thank you again and I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!