“Not for Business Travelers” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center

You added Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1813 South Saunders Street, I-40/440 at US 70/401, Raleigh, NC 27603   |
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
United States
“Not for Business Travelers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed at this location for business during the last weekend in April 2012. Unfortunately for me, there was a loud, rowdy, and obnoxious group of teen-aged athletes that were noisy and disruptive all throughout the night on Saturday and into Sunday morning. Luckily for me I was up all night and morning working on a report; however, had I attempted to sleep it would have been virtually impossible given the amount of noise. I was also in a room near the elevator, so I got the added bonus of constantly hearing the elevator go up and down as well as the “ding” that sounded when the elevator stopped on each floor. The hotel wasn’t all bad, though. The room was clean, the desk was large, WIFI was free and there was also a fridge and a microwave. A couple of things annoyed me about the room- I had to requested both an iron (with a tiny ironing board) and hair dryer from the from the front desk- they were not standard in the room. There was no tissue in the room. The coffee maker was broken. I would definitely not recommend the location for business travelers.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here request a room that is far from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

We booked two nights here on our way south. The hotel was fine, clean and comfortable. Good location near Interstate, farmers market, university and downtown. They don't serve a continental breakfast, but they offer guests a bag breakfast (big tasty muffin, apple, and bottle of water), which was a fine solution for us.

The first night (Saturday) was chaotic; there was a college event called Day-Glo nearby, which appeared to involve paintball and beer, and the hotel was full of young people running up and down the halls shouting 'til about 3 in the morning. I got on the elevator to go back up to my room Sunday morning, and when the door opened, I was face-to-face with a six-foot tall red chicken, which was no stranger than some creatures I had seen the night before. Sunday night, the place was deserted and we got a fine night's sleep. Moral: check for college events before booking!

Room Tip: Check the schedule of college events; if there's a big one, try a different hotel!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We had a suite. The rooms were spacious, and furniture comfortable, and the lighting bright.
One minor complaint - small, hard pillows on the beds.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights here and found the staff were great and the location was excellent.

On the downside there was no fitness suit but for the price that is to be expected.

The internet was wireless but less than great coverage made it extremely frustrating from a business perspective.

A trip to Kickback Jack's was the highlight of the stay but nearby a Walmart made grocery shopping easy.

Frustrating that there was NO facilities to print anything as no business center existed.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Lincolnton, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Raleigh to visit my 82 year old aunt and uncle. They were not in any shape to put us up at their home. So we picked the Red Roof Inn on South Saunders Street to stay for the night. We knew from previous stays at Red Roof Inn's across the nation that we would be well taken care of there. The staff and the facility exceeded our expectations! Try it some time soon, you'll see!

William L. Morris, Jr.
Lincolnton, NC

Room Tip: Ground floor, non-smoking King business had a frige and microwave as well as a work table. We sprea...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

NOT WORTH THE SAVINGS!!! There were some hoodlums loitering in the parking lot at night, with pants hanging on the knees and underwear showing, hats sideways, and a comb in the hair. Later I saw one walking around looking into parked cars windows. Inside it was rather clean, but neighbors on one side had a very loud rap music playing every day till midnight and were arguing, neighbors on the other side having loud sex. It was loud enough to hear a guy say "Yo yo my baby got back, my baby got back, yo yo" and the bed hitting the wall... for about 20 minutes. This is supposed to be a family place and our kids were asking what are those people doing there. I recommend you rent elsewhere, this place is low rent....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us a Trip Advisor review, your feedback is very important to me and shared with my staff. Please accept my apologies for your less than stellar stay, as you can see by other reviews the problem you encountered is not the norm but very much the exception. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you again, if you would please contact me personally so we can discuss this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

KKirk
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

My two stay at The Red Roof was an ecellant stay. Very clean accomodations and a big round of applause to Tressa, the clerk who checked us in. She is such a nice person and made the stay so pleasurable. This is my second time staying here. Will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center? Share your experiences!