“Have Residence Inns ever heard of king beds?” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Arlington, Virginia
“Have Residence Inns ever heard of king beds?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our family thoroughly enjoyed staying here. It was clean and quiet. All employees were courteous and breakfast was very good. The only thing that bothered me was the size of the bed. It seems that at this Residence Inn, they only Queen size beds. Do they know this is not Europe and most comparable inns have real king size beds?

Room Tip: No king beds here if you like them. All rooms quiet. Walking distance to large Mall with some nice e...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

this is our 2nd time staying here. WE stayed last year on the way to Ocean Isle and this year on the way to Topsail Beach. The hotel is clean and in a good location, The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. Our rooms were nice and clean. We asked for a rollaway bed and it was promptly delivered. The outdoor pool and hot tub were a hit with the 5 kids we had with us. The breakfast in the morning was just enough for all of us. WE will return to the hotel the next time we travel to the east coast for vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Port Huron, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were in Raleigh for a hockey tournament/family reunion and this hotel was a perfect venue for our gathering. We grilled hot dogs in the patio area as family visited around the pool, and enjoyed pizza with 55 family members in the gathering room on Saturday evening. There are restaurants and a mall within walking distance. The suites are great for a long weekend. Breakfast offered a variety of hot and cold options. The group rate made it very affordable for all family members.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed there for a little over a month. It is in a good location, the staff is exceptional and it is a good value, particularly for a longer stay.

The room had a fullsize refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, 2 burner stove (no oven), sink and dishwasher. It also had pots, dishes, glassware, silverware and some kitchen utensils. We were able to do some cooking and keep leftovers.

There was a sitting area with a recliner, desk and sofa. Free wifi throughout.

Breakfast was good in the mornings. Always several hot options, yogurt, cereals, waffles, fruit and juices. I always looked forward to my coffee in the morning. Unlike many hotels, the coffee was not weak or bitter. I would usually get mine to go and the morning staff was always very accommodating with to-go dishes and warm greetings. I am not a morning person but they, and Miss Phyllis at the front desk, always made sure that my day started off with smiles and best wishes.

Monday night through Thursday night they had a hot, light dinner. There was always a green salad and some small dessert to go with the entree, as well as canned sodas. They put a monthly schedule in your room with each night having a theme. There was a night with meatball subs, a quesadilla night, eastern NC BBQ, lasagna, etc. There were not many items each night but it could easily make a meal so that you did not have to incur a cost for dinner or make the effort to cook if you chose not to do so.

Easy to sum up: good value, great staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I just stayed here (6/9-6/11), and I did not have any complaints! Residence Inn is always my 'go to' hotel, for many reasons, but I have always been happy with the cleanliness of every one I have had the pleasure to stay in.

I was only about to eat breakfast for one morning, and as always, there was a variety of food choices, that will fill you up. There are choices for EVERYONE (I especially like oatmeal). It seems as though this hotel is a choice for many traveling, as the parking lot was full each night I was there. It was graduation time, so I will chalk up a crowded hotel to that (even though other hotels around had MANY empty spaces). I recommend staying here, and if you do, book as early as you can to make sure you get a room.

Room Tip: 1. The hallways are 'odd', so if you need to be close to an elevator, I would recommend that...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The rooms are clean and the staff is nice. A family member reserved rooms for the me and my sisters arriving in Raleigh for the weekend. After each paid for their own room at checkout with their individual cards, it was discovered that my brother was charged as well for the rooms. In addition, my sister was charged a 'holding fee' for the room, whatever that means???
I would not stay here again as their are plenty of options in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our family visited Raleigh this weekend for a one night stay and this hotel was everything we needed and more. First of all, the location could not have been better...right off the highway and across the street from Crabtree Valley Mall. The hotel itself rose to the occasion as all the Marriott's I've stayed at in the past has...it was clean, the staff was nice and the two bedroom was well equipped for me and my family. With a free breakfast, free internet and a bar that stays open til 11 p.m., what else could you ask for? If in Raleigh again, I will definitely return. Thanks.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Raleigh Crabtree Valley? Share your experiences!