“A disaster!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Raleigh, North Carolina
“A disaster!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

We checked in the hotel for 4 days,unfortunately,
and when we checked in we requested a double queen,and the woman at the desk said that they have a contract with the Military that ONLY they can reserve twin beds.Didn't know this was a Base hotel,thought it was for traveling guests.
Lobby,first floor beautiful,then when you go to your floor,looks like a crack house,siad they are renovating,saw no workers!
Looked for ice machine,had to go to the third floor to get that,
No AC in hallways so better get in your room fast before getting up a sweat.Had postets for room numbers,on door.
Really STAY away or better call up to see when they are finished with this place,
Also need pool cleaned..lot of foreign matter floating on top.

• Liked — TV channels
  • Disliked — About everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
North Bend, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

We stayed here with a large group for a convention/meeting. Food was average but hotel was accomodating to the group. Disappointed that being a priority club member doesn't seem to matter. Room smelled (local humidity probably) but housekeeping came to spray the room before we even complained. Just disappointed they hadn't done that before they gave us the room.

Breakfast staff was overwhelmed but they usually don't have that many people. One good restaurant nearby, Carver Creek. Don't go to Perkins across the street. Location ok. Room clean enough. Pool ok but hot tub doesn't work. Some staff friendly, some not so (front desk.) Overall ok experience.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel many nights due to a work project nearby. It is a clean, friendly, safe Holiday inn. Excellent location and very friendly staff ease your stay. Rooms are very generous in size. Cleanliness is great. The only weak point is the restaruant. The breakfast is always the same on the buffet but at $ 7.00 it is reasonable for hotel pricing. No lunch is available.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Food
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bethlehem, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2007

I just returned from a weekend stay in Raleigh, and really liked this hotel. The staff was very friendly, and I felt safe at the hotel.
I arrived before checkin time, and the staff had no problem checking me in early. I would agree that the parking lot needs more lighting, but I did not find it difficult to get a spot I could see from my room. I had the same problem as another reviewer with my key card - my second night, my key just stopped working. The front desk said that maybe it had just lost its charge (??) and remagnitized it for me.
The room was pretty standard for a Holiday Inn, and was quite comfortable. My one big complaint was the positioning of the windows - even though the drapes were closed, the sun managed to get around them and shine in my eyes every morning.
The bathroom was okay - it was clean and in good repair. The lighting wasn't great - the shower was really dark, and it was hard to see to get ready in the morning. There was also very little counter space.
The location is great - being right off of 440 (the main road around the city) was convenient, and there are lots of shops and restaurants right up the road too. I didn't try the in-hotel restaurant, as it always looked deserted!

• Liked — The location was great, very quiet
  • Disliked — lighting in bathroom was poor
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2006

Just returned from a one night stay in Raleigh, NC and stayed at this hotel.
It is decently located (once you make it through 5pm Raleigh traffic with the state fair in town!!)--close to exits that have good shopping, dining, entertainment, etc.
Parking at the hotel doesn't allow you to be able to see your vehicle from your room unless you luck up and get a space near your room window. Parking lot could use more lighting IMO.
Check-in was effecient even though there were two employees working.
Elevators were moderately slow, but no big deal.
The card key to our room did not open the door after several attempts. I went back to front desk, told them of the problem, and the employee sent me back up to try again after she "re-programmed" the card. Tried again and it still didn't work. I was a tad angry at this point. I went down to front desk again and they changed my room conveniently (i.e. same floor, different room number). Luckily the card key worked with the new room.

Room was clean and appropriately decorated. Bed was harder than I prefer. Need more pillows for a King-size bed--they were small pillows and only four of them (I like lots of pillows though).
Bathroom was clean and had decent supply of towels, shampoo, lotion, soap, etc. **I might add that I found it in poor taste to have a bottle opener attached to the bathroom wall! Guess those are there for folks who like to pop open beer, but it still looks tacky!
Check-out was just as efficient and quick as check-in.
All in all, this was a decent stay, and I would book a room there again if no other top of the line choices were availlable. This hotel is certainly not the worst----it's okay so two thumbs up....not way up, but up!

• Liked — Location of hotels to area activities/ safety
  • Disliked — parking area/hard beds/not enough pillows/card keys and doors need replaced and improved!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2006

This is a standard Holiday Inn - nothing fancy or posh, but clean, comfortable, and reliable. It is quite close to the main highway which circles around Raleigh.

They provide free wireless internet, which worked very well.

We arrived very late and had to leave early, so we didn't have a chance to try the hotel restaurant.

• Liked — Close to highway, good internet access
  • Disliked — It's somewhat detached from stores, restaurants, coffee shops - so you definitely need a car
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
WIlson NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2006

My son had to stay at this hotel the night before he shipped out with the NC National Guard, so my husband, youngest son and myself booked a room to be near him. The rooms were good, a little cosmetic wear, but everything was very clean and the beds were great. Bathrooms (shower area) are dark, but it was ok. The front desk staff and the Cafe manager were outstanding. They went out of their way to make us welcome. Rod, the night manager even helped us get back into our room after my son's flight got cancelled at 5:30 am so we could get a few more hours of sleep. (we had already checked out) Dennis, the cafe' manager was the nicest guy you'll ever meet. I just can not get over how hospitable everyone at this hotel was. Cafe' had a great hot breakfast buffet and menu. I will be staying here on future trips to Raleigh.

Stayed August 2006

Been to Holiday Inn Raleigh-North? Share your experiences!