This was the first time I had stayed at this HI, and it seemed pretty new.
The room was nice and fresh, and had a comfortable bed, roll out desk (which I really liked), a nice TV with decent cable, good WIFI, and a two sink bath, one in the lavatory, and on just outside in the room. Very nice if two people are staying.
There was a $5 offer at check in for the morning breakfast buffet, and it got me going on the right foot.
5 o'clock traffic made it difficult to get to, but the morning drive was fine out. The only complaint I would have is the noise from outside. My room was on the back side of the hotel, and there is some sort of tour bus staging area back there. Most of the evening there was at least one loud bus idling outside my window. Also there is a fire department somewhere very close by, and the sirens crank out often. Certainly not the hotel's fault, but if you're a light sleeper, you may not enjoy it.
I will give them another try the next time I'm in Raleigh.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Raleigh-North Hotel Raleigh
- Holiday Inn Raleigh-North Hotel
- Holiday Inn Raleigh North
- Holiday Inn Raleigh
- Raleigh Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the vibrant heart of Raleigh at the full service Holiday Inn Raleigh North, just 3 miles from downtown Raleigh. Located at the corner of Highwoods Blvd. and Capital Blvd, and just off of I-440 and near the I-540 beltline, our guests have quick access to all of the Raleigh/Durham area. We are only minutes away from the newest mall in the area, Triangle Town Center and two exits away from the newly expanded North Hills Mall.In the area for business? When comparing Raleigh, NC hotels, consider our location. We are at the entrance of Highwoods office park just minutes from bustling downtown Raleigh. Our hotel is close to all state and federal government facilities. We are committed to making our corporate travelers comfortable by equipping all of our 128 rooms with: spacious work areas, free high-speed wireless Internet access, dual-line phones, voice mail, coffeemakers, irons and ironing boards and hairdryers. Our full service restaurant, CafÃ© Sage, offers breakfast and dinner with extended room service hours. Need a break from work or here for leisure? Be sure to check out our specials and discounts online. Local attractions are just minutes away, such as the Carter-Finley Stadium, RBC Center, Alltel Pavilion, BTI Performing Arts Center, and all NC State museums. North Carolina State University, Meredith College, Shaw University, St. Augustine and Peace Colleges are only 4 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Raleigh-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.