“Linguine floating in oil!” 2 of 5 stars

(919) 838-8700
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Volta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #318 of 1,129 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Davie Street
Description: La Volta brings traditional and contemporary Italian cuisine to downtown Raleigh in a upscale setting at affordable prices. We offer an extensive wine list and all abc permits. Outside patio seating as well as private seating is avaliable. Catering available for all occasions.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Linguine floating in oil!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I ordered the linguine with white clam sauce. The pasta was swimming in oil. I requested additional Parmesan, after commenting to hostess it was too oily. She brought it, however although the cheese absorbed some of the oil. It completely dried out the pasta and mad it inedible. I complained to the waitress, but "He", whoever he is, said he wouldn't do anything. He didn't even come check with me. I will say that the clams were good, not overlooked and, for once, I ordered dessert since clams are not enough for lunch. The tiramisu was great. The waitress gave me a 10% discount since she felt it wasn't fair, but I think the "He" should have addressed this.

Cary, North Carolina
“A good option, but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I went there tonight with some close friends.
We ordered some appetizers. The calamari portion was pretty small and had no salt on it.
I ordered a chicken with sausage which was good, some friends ordered the seafood risoto which they said was also good. But two of them ordered the gnochi and were disappointed with its consistency (al dente) and the quality of the sauce and left most of it on the plate.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh
“A fine evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We dined at La Volta after having left another pricier Italian restaurant across the street at the Marriott. The wine list there was so overpriced that we were more than pleased with the good value we experienced at La Volta. We shared the mussel appetizer, perfect with a home made tomato sauce, followed by a shared Ceasar salad (split in the kitchen) and then eggplant parmesan (the meal we order to detect the originality and standards of a kitchen) and the grilled salmon. Everything was prepared deliciously, the waiter and the chef accommodating our various special requests. The eggplant was especially delightful because the kitchen incorporated whole fresh leaves of basil in the layers. We ended the meal with espresso perfectly prepared, with some anisette on the side and were grateful to have stumbled upon La Volta after having left that other restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Service horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I went with my mother and children to this restaurant while visiting Raleigh. I ordered a house Chardonney and it was extremely sweet like a Moscato. I asked if in exchange I could get a beer. The server was not friendly nor helpful. The food was overpriced and average at the least. My bill at the end had the wine charge of $8 (house wine??) and a $2 charge because I asked to change my child's penne pasta to regular spaghetti noodles. I paid the bill but will never return!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Worth a try for lunch.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Several of my co-workers and I went to lunch at La Volta today. It is a nice "urban chic" Italian cuisine place to go. The food was very tasty (I had the meatball sub & salad special) and the atmosphere was comfortable and pleasant. The decor is tasteful and upscale. The service was not bad but nothing to write home about. I think there was only one server and the food was slow to arrive. Even if one is trying for a relaxed lunch atmosphere, they need to realize people are on their lunch breaks. Overall i would recommend it, just don't be in a hurry.

• 4 of 5 stars Food