“Wingate stay for Corporate Business” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary

You added Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6115 Corporate Ridge Road, Chapel Hill Rd., Raleigh, NC 27607   |
Ranked #19 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
NEWBERRY
“Wingate stay for Corporate Business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in December 2012 and enjoyed my stay. Except the heat wasn't working right and we had to ask that they get someone to fix it. Other than this it was nice. However, this time I was given a room on the first floor near the lobby. I had trouble sleeping because I could hear the things going on at the front desk and noise at the elevators. The noise from the trains would wake me up. Also, I got bit by ants in my room this time around. I am schedule to stay there again on January 23rd-26th for Corporate business. I hope I am in a different area of the hotel (on a different floor and facing the front). If I can't sleep or if I have things that are biting me I will have to try the Hyatt across the street.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was our 2nd stay in this hotel. It was even better than our 1st! The room was exceptionally clean, which is very important to us. The bathroom was spotless--I have never been in a cleaner hotel bathroom! The room was very spacious. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. Free newspapers and free coffee 24/7 were added benefits. It is very close to Carter-Finley Stadium and PNC Arena. We will stay here on all our Raleigh visits!

Room Tip: Front of the hotel has less train noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Wingate was a great hotel all around, no complaints! Check in was prompt and I was easily able to switch our room from a king to 2 doubles. The room was standard sized and included a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. There was plenty of seating areas (armchair, desk with desk chair, regular chair and bench) which made it easy to find places to put our stuff, spread out a towel and sit down. Also plenty of storage (dresser and double door closet). The flat screen was very large for a hotel room, an additional plus. The bathroom was average-sized, lacked a fan and was not as bright as other hotels I've stayed in; however there was plenty of counter (and undercounter) space for toiletries. The beds were firm and slept very well. Based on other reviewers' comments, I would also suggest a room on the front side of the hotel, as there are train tracks on the back side and we could hear the passing train in the morning. The indoor pool/whirlpool and fitness center were great! The whirlpool was perfectly warm and spacious, as was the pool (fairly large for an indoor pool). The fitness equipment was of high quality and well-kept.
Breakfast in the morning was of typical fare, however I've had better. There was a standard variety of breads, bagels and muffins. Also there were apples (no variety in the fruit), cereal, oatmeal, waffle maker and hot breakfast (eggs and bacon). The breakfast was not well tended and the oatmeal and "hot breakfast" actually turned out to be cold.
Overall a great stay for one night, might be worthwhile for longer term.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary

Address: 6115 Corporate Ridge Road, Chapel Hill Rd., Raleigh, NC 27607
Location: United States > North Carolina > Raleigh
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#10 Family Hotel in Raleigh
#16 Romantic Hotel in Raleigh
#17 Business Hotel in Raleigh
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary 2.5*
The newly built Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh Cary Hotel is a smart, modern lodging choice, conveniently located in Raleigh, North Carolina, only minutes from NC State University, the PNC Arena,Carter Finley Stadium, NC State Fairgrounds, Research Triangle Park and Raleigh Durham International Airport. Our 100-percent smoke-free hotel offers numerous amenities and services for modern-day business and leisure travelers to the Raleigh area, ranging from complimentary pre-arranged airport & PNC shuttle and indoor swimming pool & whirlpool, to complimentary deluxe hot breakfast,fitness facility featuring Precor equipment, on-site bar and lounge and complimentary internet access. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham State Arena Raleigh / Cary Hotel Raleigh

If you own or manage Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.